New pc time , need help to decide

Soldato
Not built a pc for a few years and things have moved on a lot!
Current pc is a 4590 with 16GB DDR3 and a GTX1060 so been a while.

Currently picking out some bits but not sure on red or blue. Choices are narrowed down to a 3600x system with 16gb DDR4 or a 10600k based system. Dont game a lot anymore but do rip a lot of movies etc and run my Traktor S4 through my current system and things will probably stay the same for a while until BF6 comes out.

Which system would you go for and why?

TIA

Soldato
OP
I think in this instance, it's purely down to your brand loyalty and/or price. The Intel is slightly faster but how noticeable that is is up for debate. Either of those systems would do what you want.
I know what you mean , have been using Intel since the Opteron 146 days and kind of stayed there. Hear good things about the Ryzen cpu's though so may look more into that.

Not worth paying extra for a 3600x over a 3600 really, there’s negligible difference

Does X designate unlocked like K on Intel cpu's ?

Soldato
Does X designate unlocked like K on Intel cpu's ?
It stands only for eXpensive in 3600X.
Standard 3600 and aftermarket cooler is all around better and still cheaper than 3600X with its stock cooler.
Boost clocks apply only when temperatures allow.

Just like 3800X makes sense only with marginal price difference to 3700X.
AMD actually lowers price of older series CPUs, so you could later upgrade affordably to higher core count models.

Soldato
OP
It stands only for eXpensive in 3600X.
Standard 3600 and aftermarket cooler is all around better and still cheaper than 3600X with its stock cooler.
Boost clocks apply only when temperatures allow.

Just like 3800X makes sense only with marginal price difference to 3700X.
AMD actually lowers price of older series CPUs, so you could later upgrade affordably to higher core count models.
Ok thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom