Poll: New poll on who you will vote for?

Who?

• Labour

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • Conservative

Votes: 286 37.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 324 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 75 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Will not be voting Lib Dems simply because of their policy on Nuclear (Trident and power stations).

I suppose that leaves just conservatives left to vote for to get Labour out of power.

Soldato
No Change for me... Lib Dems said a lot of the right things at the debate - but there is no way they will be able to do it all...

Also - I was hoping for a Pancake option... :p

Man of Honour
I don't know who to go for now either. Locally (IMO, obviously) our current Conservative MP has a much better track record than his Lib Dem predecessor (going for re-election), but nationally the Conservatives still seem devoid of substance. Anyone else would be as good as not voting here.

Soldato
Chances of Gordon losing his seat = slim to none. The party leader traditionally gets one of the safest seats there is, and this time is probably no exception.

I understand that, yet it is possible and I wondered what would the procedure be?

EDIT: after a little research, I have discovered that constitutionally the PM does not have to be a member of the House of Commons. So if Brown lost his seat, he could be appointed to the house of Lords in order to take up the position of PM.

Alec Douglas-Home was the last PM from the house of lords and he stood down to contest a by-election in a safe seat when one arose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Of the main three, i'd vote Tory. I don't dislike the Lib Dems, I just don't agree with ditching Trident and nuclear energy.

But this election, i'll be voting other. ;)

Soldato
I was swaying between Labour and Lib Dem but have become increasingly impressed with both Vince Cable and Nick Clegg and am fairly certain it will be the Lib Dems that get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom