Poll: New poll on who you will vote for?

Who?

• Labour

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • Conservative

Votes: 286 37.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 324 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 75 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So you are willing to wreck the country and its heritage to shake up the other parties?

You have got to be joking, I think this has already happened. Parliament is a disgrace, the city of london is a disgrace, we are merely lap dogs to the americans.

I saw that the speaker 'traditionally' is given a safe seat and is unoposed. What a joke, so the people in that constituency who don't vote for him don't get any other serious option. Our current system is pathetic and rotten.

Admittedly the libdems are part of this, but it's the best we can do realistically.

We desperately need our whole system sorted out and modernised.

Caporegime
libdem = we will get the euro, an amnesty on illegal immigrants and no independent nuclear deterrent.

Except that only one of those things is remotely true.

The Lib Dems have said this isn't the time to enter a Euro and have no plans to do so in this parliament - although they support joining it in the future - and they oppose going straight ahead with a pointless cold war suited like-for-like Trident replacement not the complete abandonment of a nuclear deterrent. Trident will run for 20 more years anyway, so it's hardly an important issue for the coming 5 years.

As the illegal immigrants, the position is that illegal immigrants who have been here for 10 years, speak English and a have a clean record will offered a pathway to acquiring legal status. Frankly that strikes me as not a bad way of cleaning up an existing mess.

Associate
You have got to be joking, I think this has already happened. Parliament is a disgrace, the city of london is a disgrace, we are merely lap dogs to the americans.

We no longer are lap dogs to the Americans since Obama has become President. And I'd rather we keep this new relationship than become lap dogs to the EU.

Associate
I can't vote as I live in Belfast but I do find it quite amusing listening to the Tory supporters basically chucking their toys out of the pram just because not all the others are going to follow their group.

It's nearly as amusing as them also trying to make out like the Tories are going to be any different/better than Labour.

I don't particularly warm to any of the parties bidding for Government and I can fully understand why people might decide to either not vote or just simply vote for a party outside the big two.

I have to say, for all the shouting and screaming about how only the Tories can sort out the country, not one person has yet to explain to me how they will do that without going into generalisations. You know..the same thing the Tories accuse the Labour party of doing.

Some people like to be edgy and say things like, "ACTUALLY, they're not all the same, politicians."

But by and large, they are. Unfortunately.

So yes I agree with the consensus to take a look at the manifestos carefully. Not that I see much in the Tory manifesto to win me over frankly and the whole Trident argument against for the Lib Dems is being blown out of proportion beyond belief.

I really do want to hear the argument for keeping Trident as it is. Not the "but it makes us secure as a nation" nonsense like we need all those weapons to be secure.

But yeah, it's not my vote so what would I know.

Soldato
Do any of the people here who have decided to either change their vote or vote for the first time on the strength of Nick Cleggs performance last Thursday actually know their local Lib-Dem candidate? (you know the one you will really be voting for), their background, education or local manifesto pledges. How many even know their name?

Soldato
That was it. Quite shocking really...
From other thread:
177r89.png

:eek:

Man of Honour
I really hate this type of comment.

I think you should give the Liberal voters some creditability.

Nick Clegg has gone from supporting Trident to wanting it scrapped in the space of 3 years.

What else will he renege on to make himelf look popular ? He is no different from the other two leaders in that he will say one thing and do another and tell the prospective voter what they want to hear.

Caporegime
Do any of the people here who have decided to either change their vote or vote for the first time on the strength of Nick Cleggs performance last Thursday actually know their local Lib-Dem candidate? (you know the one you will really be voting for), their background, education or local manifesto pledges. How many even know their name?

Do any of us know our candidates? The only thing I really know about the incumbent Conservative candidate is that he was on the make with his expenses. Better the devil you know? Personally I don't think so in this instance.

Soldato
Even if the lib dems do this, there other policies will kill the country in other more severe ways.

oh for pittys sake, you think the tories and labour haven't done that already.

It's not a case of keeping britain great it's a case of trying to sort out the mess whilst keeping the place in one piece. Cameron had the golden chance to show what he could do and he came out with that useless drivel of a manifesto.

But at the end of the day, the 'duck house' was the final straw for me. I didn't even know such a think existed. Oh and all the flipping flipping.

Soldato
Labour Party seems like they want to have the most fun without getting intimitely involved in every single aspect of a person's life (Liberals :eek:). Conservatives seem just like our Democrats: change change change change. You can only promise so much.

Voted. :)

Soldato
Conservative party is most like your Republican party

Labour Party seems like they want to have the most fun without getting intimitely involved in every single aspect of a person's life (Liberals ). Conservatives seem just like our Democrats: change change change change. You can only promise so much.

Don't believe Labour when they say that, they are "liberal" but they are also very controlling, probably the most out of the three.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As the illegal immigrants, the position is that illegal immigrants who have been here for 10 years, speak English and a have a clean record will offered a pathway to acquiring legal status. Frankly that strikes me as not a bad way of cleaning up an existing mess.

Deporting them in the first place or making the UK system not attractive to illegal immigration strikes me as even better.

Associate
I know my current MP is a Lib Dem with a 8000ish majority, I've got no chance removing him.

I've actually met the Local Conservative candidate who was the only person who had any chance of getting in, but that is now pretty much non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom