New project

Associate
OP
Dash Just about finished.

IMAG0047.jpg

New Fuel tank fitted (mr IVA man don't like plastic tanks no more!)

IMAG0063.jpg

Conected up the Oil pressure/water temp guage.
Filled up with coolant.
Popped in a bit of petrol.
Et voila :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kme5BNaEzE

Sounded a lot louder than it does in the vid, don't think the phone mic liked the volume much.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Clutch is working as it should now, I hadn't aligned the plate properly (nobber).

Exhaust bolted and clamped up properly for the first time with airbox in place to get an idea of how loud it is for IVA, think i'll need a decibel killer insert in the exhaust for it to sneak through.

Sorted the last few wiring nigles (for some reason when indicating left ti illuminated the hazzard flasher :S arse about face conection sorted that after much poring over shodily sketched wiring layouts)

Thought I had best check the fan switch was working in the correct temp ranges, so left it running for a while, rad fan kicked in at the perfect temp, 10 seconds later a big pop and a massive clud of steam! lol

A coolant hose blew off at a t conection, my own silly fault using straight copper joinging piece with no flange and slick silicone pipe, so weekends jobs is to solder on an olives on all that require and check expansion cap is venting at suitable pressure.

Still waiting on welder to get the cage in then it's bodywork on time and we are almost there :)

Associate
OP
Well got a fair bit done of late.
Prop had to go back to the maker as it had been welded up wrong and was running out, but it's all back in and dandy now:)

Cage has been welded in and chassis has been repainted as it was scuffed and chipped to buggery after being sat for so long.

sidecage.jpg

rearcage.jpg

Made up interior panels from sheet ally then covered with vinyl , finished off with a bit of worktop end cap :p

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

Side and rear panels all on and lights in. Rear wings trial fitted and lights in them too, though they're not getting fiixed in place till near the end as I know i'll knock or scratch the buggers in situ. (number plate just used for spacing)

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

Made up an exhaust surround for the nearside panel (same shape on the inside but unpolished to spread bolt load)

IMAG0235.jpg

It drives now :) although I think the carbs need balancing and a little tweeking.
Rear offside isn't holding on the handbrake either so drum apart for a little investigation,
and need to solder in a couple of resistors to the side repaters to get the flash rate down.

Going to send off for IVA date in the next week or so.
Scuttle, dash, nose and bonnet going on monday

Then I need to find somewhere to take it for a shakedown test :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom