New PSU install help please

Associate
Ok I just got my new system fans (including CPU and Northbridge fans) along with my new Corsair 750W PSU. Now I have everything layed out on the table and thought it wise to ask a few questions about what and which connections should go where and to what plug on the PSU ...
My old system consists of:
Antec P180 case
stock case fans
stock AMD fx-55 heatsink and fan
two 7800 GTX vid cards

Associate
OP
Well I think I have all the cables worked out .... I have just taken off the Northbridge heatsink/fan ... they really were a crappy little unit weren't they ??? .... So now I need to fit the little Kaze in place ... anybody have any good ideas how best to do this ?? I'm fitting it back into the stock heatsink (if you can call it that). Should I replace the thermal grease at the same time?

Associate
OP
i'm using the old heatsink for the northbridge. I have an arctic cooling pro 7 for the CPU heatsink/fan but I have just tried to fit it and the screws that hold the brackets to the frame are exactly where the frame screws onto the mobo ... so the heatsink cannot fit onto it :( .... it states it is for a AMD 939 whixh I have an Aus A8N so it should fit ...... oh forgot to say ... I did ask the advice of OCUK for all these parts as well ...

Back
Top Bottom