New PSU needed, who makes one that comes with a 12pin PCI-E?

Associate
In the Market for a new PSU. I have a RTX 3090 FE. Now seasonic have canned their free 12pin PCI-E cable program who makes a PSU that comes with a 12pin PCI-E in the box?

Soldato
I don’t think anyone is making them standard as yet.

reason is that only the top Nvidia cards need them. And as we know there aren’t make of them in existence yet :)

vast majority PSUs will still be 8pin and be shipped with 8pin cables for the foreseeable future. And above said, you can always buy cables or adaptors.

Permabanned
I don't know of any that supply the 12pin as standard yet ( there are supply problems with any PSU at the moment, let alone new versions ), but as mickyflinn said, Corsair and Seasonic can supply cables.

Associate
OP
Ah now you have all pointed it out. It is kinda obvious that no PSU manufacturer is going to be putting a 12 pin PCIE for what is a tiny percentage of the user base. Haha Duh me :)

Was going to go seasonic for the excellent reputaion the brand has for quality, but ended up with a ASUS ROG THOR 850 because I'm a tart, and a sucker for flashing lights :) Guess I'll be looking at cablemods as the suppiled adaptor is fugly.

Soldato
I am already appreciating the 12 pin cable adaptor, its kind of like asus quick-q connector thingy it simply makes reattaching psu cables more convenient.

Soldato
Was going to go seasonic for the excellent reputaion the brand has for quality, but ended up with a ASUS ROG THOR 850 because I'm a tart, and a sucker for flashing lights :) Guess I'll be looking at cablemods as the suppiled adaptor is fugly.

You still got a Seasonic, but with an Asus badge on it.

Caporegime
Ah now you have all pointed it out. It is kinda obvious that no PSU manufacturer is going to be putting a 12 pin PCIE for what is a tiny percentage of the user base. Haha Duh me :)

Given most high end PSUs are modular now it shouldn't be long before we start seeing them with 12 pin cables included.

Associate
OP
Just as a postscript, the Asus Thor came with a 20% off voucher for Cable mod! The included modular cables are for the most part individually sleeved (Plain black) and so I got a deal on the 12pin Nvidia FE cable, and a few other matching custom cables to suit my case, happy days!

Back
Top Bottom