1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Quiet I7 Build, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nick_000000, 24 Sep 2009.

1. nick_000000

Gangster

Looking to build my next system to be as quiet as possible and wondering if this looks like a quiet system? I am not sure about the Corsair Obsidian 800D due to restricted airflow as there is only 1 intake at the bottom :(. I would be reversing the Corsair H50 on the back but still not sure about airflow in this case, especially when trying to make it quiet.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping - Processor

Asus P6T Deluxe/OC Palm Edition - Motherboard

Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 x2 - Memory

Corsair HX 750W - PSU

Corsair Obsidian 800D - Case

Corsair H50 - Processor Cooling

Scythe Kaze Maru 140mm 1200RPM x2 - Extra Cooling

LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW - Optical Drive

Already got hard drives & GFX sorted/waiting to see what happens with ATI/Nvidia war, anything else I'm forgetting or overlooked?

Any suggestions on quite cases/cooling would be appreciated, ideally I want an all black case with black insides but suggestions welcome.

I have an old 10mm Asetek water cooling kit not sure if I should bring this in to the equation, anyone know if I can convert this to 1/2 tubing easily? Any suggestions on water cooling would be appreciated :).

Last edited: 24 Sep 2009
  2. Franksi

Gangster

Nice choices overall mate - i have the HX850 PSU and it really is pretty silent. I would consider swapping your fans out for the Akasa Apache's though - i assume that this would be for push/pull on the H50's radiator?

A friend of mine has the Obsidian case and is raving about it on Skype every night!

Looks like a good setup overall

3. nick_000000

Gangster

I already have some silentx fans which are pretty silent and push a lot of air for how quiet they are, I will have a look at the Apace's though thx :). I was planning on using Scythe Kaze Maru's just for extra air flow from the bottom of the case as apparently the ones that come with the 800D are a bit wimpy :(.

4. nick_000000

Gangster

Any thoughts on cases anyone?

5. Franksi

Gangster

i think that obsidian will be just fine fella