** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
@Sobtanian you'll find the version number on the back sticker:
https://i.imgur.com/LAvgGO2.jpg

Manufacturing date is explained in my signature.

Thanks for the entries so far, I've added all of them, now there are 21.

I know this thread is now primarily for those with the G9, as that is the master of the Odyssey line, but according to your signature my FB01 27" model was manufactured in June 2020. I pre-ordered from OCUK on 8th July and received it on 4th August. No issues now (minor flickering with initial 1004.0 firmware it came with, none with Korean 1006.0). No idea what the difference is between the FB01 and FB02 (if there is one for the 27" G7), but I'm happy with mine.

Last edited:
Associate

Here is mine

LC49G95TSSUXEN
FA01
May 2020
Yes on the bezel issue, top left about 30mm
Overclockers UK
Ordered 29th June
Received: 25th August
Others - Infinity Core Lighting doesn't work. Might be unique with that one :)

Last edited:
Associate

Model: LC49G95TSSUXEN
Version Number: FA01
Manufacturing Date: June 2020
Light Leak present: Yes. Two places: Top left (about 2cm, top right about 1cm)
OCUK, ordered 06/06/20, received 22/08/20

As mentioned by someone else, pushing the screen in sticks it back for a little while then it comes undone again. The bleed hasn't gotten worse and the rest of the monitor is performing so amazingly well (and I'm in love with it), that today I'm gonna try a little DIY solution to see if it fixes it. Or breaks it. I'll keep you all updated.

Associate
I managed to snag one from Samsung today for delivery tomorrow, will let you know the manufacturing date when I receive it. Its stuck on 'preparing to dispatch' right now. I did try order a G7 from there a few months ago and nothing ever got dispatched so I am not expecting much.

They tend to dispatch in the evening in my experience but had similar ordering a G7 for someone. They've had stock issues like everyone else. Fingers crossed for you :)

Associate
So, the electronic buyer company who sent me a scratched monitor, then proceeded to send an 'opened' replacement sent me the following email:

Thank you for your patience whilst your replacement order was reviewed by the relevant department.
The product manager has confirmed that you were sent an unused product, but he does believe it may have been opened to ensure that a UK plug was sent out with the unit.
I am very sorry if you were unhappy with the condition of the Monitor and we would like to offer you £10 credit to your ****** account due to the inconvenience.
If you please can let me know if you are happy to accept this credit I will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, if you would prefer I can arrange a return for a refund or further replacement.

Its all well saying they will give me £10 but there is nothing I wish to buy on their website at the moment, but at the same time I do not fancy going through this whole process again of waiting for Yodel only for them to arrive two hours earlier than was stated in the app when I am not at home, then wait for another delivery. Then there is the panel lottery.....

Associate
Quick update on my fix for the bleed issue.

Here's a before fix picture. You'll notice the bleed on on the top left and top right of the screen.
mbeMFAr.jpg

Here's an after image.
LxKbxxA.jpg

The fix? Sugru. If you don't know it, it's a mouldable glue that turns in into rubber once set (about 24 hours), and it doesn't expand once set. My wife uses it a lot around the house to fix stuff that the kids break.
She used a toothpick to put it in the small gap between screen and bezel and voila. It's not runny and easily removable so there's no risk that you get some on the screen itself.

Associate

Here's a before fix picture. You'll notice the bleed on on the top left and top right of the screen.
mbeMFAr.jpg

Here's an after image.
LxKbxxA.jpg

The fix? Sugru. If you don't know it, it's a mouldable glue that turns in into rubber once set (about 24 hours), and it doesn't expand once set. My wife uses it a lot around the house to fix stuff that the kids break.
She used a toothpick to put it in the small gap between screen and bezel and voila. It's not runny and easily removable so there's no risk that you get some on the screen itself.

Where you get the wallpaper?

is it just me or does the first image look more vivid and the second looks more washed out? Did you change any settings?

Associate

Thanks very much for sharing! Amazing how its such a simple fix yet they can't get it right at the factory. Makes you wonder how fast and cheaply they pump these things out with hardly any QC... or even built properly using the correct materials for that matter!

Associate
I wish I could see the difference...I'm squinting at both pics and can't see any diff, nor can I see anything wrong in the 1st pic lol
Man, I couldn't work on such a cluttered desk..

Associate
I wish I could see the difference...I'm squinting at both pics and can't see any diff, nor can I see anything wrong in the 1st pic lol
Man, I couldn't work on such a cluttered desk..

OK I see it now. I'd be up for using a bit of glue on that rather than returning if mine has same issue.

Permabanned
That could void any warranty needed in the future, if you are happy to risk that to fix a manufactures flaw and reward them by letting them keep your hard earned cash that is your choice but means they will never improve their QC.

Associate
That could void any warranty needed in the future, if you are happy to risk that to fix a manufactures flaw and reward them by letting them keep your hard earned cash that is your choice but means they will never improve their QC.

Possibly fair points though I"m not sure how a tiny bit of glue would be noticed and void the warranty. The alternative is what, buy an LG or wait for an indefinite period of time until people stop reporting issues (and we still don't know what proportion actually have the issue) - which I may have done but the iMac I'm currently using is killing me and I have brand new kit waiting for a new shiny monitor.

Associate

There is an argument for that sure, and I get it if people would rather return it. However given the other issues that could crop up with a replacement, like scaler/flicker etc, I'm happy to let it slide with a simple fix.

Back
Top Bottom