** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Looked in to that but would still be too wide. The only option would be to stick the PC tower on the floor which wouldn't be ideal.

As you can’t gawp are your rgb? :D
I don’t get this trend of taking up valuable desk space with a tower stuck on top of the desk..one for the young’uns who get impressed with rgb cases :rolleyes:

Permabanned
I would never have a tower on the floor, it get dustier and always had on top of the desk (get a bigger desk).

My case is a NZXT 630 so no bling, in a dark room watching a movie I cannot see anything apart from the odd HDD LED activity.

Obv I do not need access to it as much as in days of CD/DVD drives etc but its still better than bending down under a desk if I need plug/unplug something.

Associate
Not sure if physics supports the idea of more dust with a tower under rather than on desk, and doesn’t your tower have front access USBs for anything that might need plugging/unplugging more frequently?
Sorry not convinced by having towers on desks but each to their own I guess...

Permabanned
You can find on this forum users discussing this topic (this is not the topic) who run them on top as runs cooler (yes heat rises but probably more space around it) and less dustier.

My G7 is gone and I refused a replacement as it would take a revision to fix using a better scaler, so no real point in my input anymore.

Associate
As you can’t gawp are your rgb? :D
I don’t get this trend of taking up valuable desk space with a tower stuck on top of the desk..one for the young’uns who get impressed with rgb cases :rolleyes:

No RGB to be found since it's in my bedroom. For some reason I loaded it with RGB but after precisely one day from being built 3 years ago, it's been all turned off :D

The real reason is that the heat that gets exhausted from the case kind of just hangs around under the desk, cooking my legs.

Associate
So I’m in a holding pattern, waiting up to 4 weeks for the new batch to arrive in UK...having to use an old iMac until I’ve got a new g9 :mad:

Same, I just ordered one. I do think it's good they recalled the last batch though, means that hopefully ours will have been throughly tested and checked before being shipped. I had 5 CR49Gs, I hope to be happy with my first G9.

Associate
Stupid question and I think I know the answer but using a macbook pro 16” to connect to the new G9 via HDMI- cant do 5120 x 1440 resolution at 60Hz right? Do I have to use DP1.4 via the USB-C port on the mac assuming it supports that? Thanks for any answers!

Associate
Even though I returned mine due to a stuck pixel for a refund as they didn't have more in stock - Saturday a replacement turned up!

Not opened as it's going back (personally couldn't cope with the fish eye effect in games such as Horizon Zero Dawn), but is a July Manufacturing date on it.

Associate
Even though I returned mine due to a stuck pixel for a refund as they didn't have more in stock - Saturday a replacement turned up!

Not opened as it's going back (personally couldn't cope with the fish eye effect in games such as Horizon Zero Dawn), but is a July Manufacturing date on it.
The only game that I've found where it was an issue to me is Portal 2, the other games I've played on it I've found to be pretty good on super wide.

Associate
Can I ask a favour to those of you that have a G9, can you put a white web page up like the google search page, put it full screen and press F11 so that it goes boarderless and let me know if you have the fading issue at the bottom? it's a slight fading away to a light grey - about 5mm along the bottom, the full width of the display. I'm curious as to whether or not it is a common issue.

Associate
Can I ask a favour to those of you that have a G9, can you put a white web page up like the google search page, put it full screen and press F11 so that it goes boarderless and let me know if you have the fading issue at the bottom? it's a slight fading away to a light grey - about 5mm along the bottom, the full width of the display. I'm curious as to whether or not it is a common issue.
I had that issue with mine. That was the biggest annoyance for me. More than the light leak

Associate
Triple A titles support it well but many indie and console ports don’t support 32 9 resolution. You can always run them in central windows though with black bars on the side though

Back
Top Bottom