** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Place I bought mine from could only offer a refund as they weren't sure when new stock would be in. Plus, they aren't stocking the item right now which says a lot.

I do have an order in at another place and that should be with me by the end of next week. Similar to Colin it's from a big big big online store.

I cancelled my order and will re-order from somewhere when they genuinely have new stock. Retailers saying "In Stock" when it is not in stock does my head in.

Associate
"Theoretical" is the appropriate word I think. My order was updated with a 17th Nov delivery date before I cancelled - I don't think they really know tbh.

Associate
OC now say ETA 12th October. Hope this new batch has been put through QC this time. If they still have issues, after the recall then I'm off to LG land.

Associate
OC now say ETA 12th October. Hope this new batch has been put through QC this time. If they still have issues, after the recall then I'm off to LG land.

Agreed, Samsung have 1 final chance before I give up and go to LG land also.

@Colin Bailey - go down the newsagents and buy a few scratch cards, I think our winning odds are better than getting a functioning G9.. :D

Associate

I had a similar issue with the CRG49 - this was the 5th and final time I got one. The delivery driver was very sheepish when speaking to me (after all, we had spoken a lot after returning 4 previous monitors), upon initial inspection the box had a big hole in it, thought nothing of it as the boxes - from Samsung - sometimes come in less than admirable condition. Open the box, setup the monitor and turned it on - huge crack on the screen, looked like a giant pole has been pushed through the box onto the screen. I. Was. ******.

Permabanned
Brand new Samsung G9, no picture.

LDxjDG9.jpg

Brand new Samsung G9, no picture. : Monitors (reddit.com)

Associate
Noticed on the official samsung site, the page has updated now from "notify me" with "where to buy" and pointing you at specific retailer/s.

Not sure i want to buy from a retailer who will most likely argue with me and make it painful when I want to return it for the inevitable dead pixels, light bleed, etc already experienced so far with this screen.

Samsung probably not wanting to deal with the hassle associated with this monitor themselves anymore hence this change.

Amazing how all this poor QC is our problem, as the customer!

Last edited:
Associate
Good spot...it says a lot, Samsung themselves aren't willing to sell what is meant to be their top of the range 2020 monitor..can't make this up!!

Associate
Yeah just manufacture the units as fast and cheap as possible, pump them out to retailers, distance yourself from it all, and let the poor customer play the lottery and waste their own time arguing with retailers about returns and waiting around for delivery companies to turn up... Meanwhile Samsung just run their business from HQ, check up on their P&L, and be completely, intentionally, and blissfully disconnected from us plebs on the ground. Probably have a board meeting later to discuss how successful all their products are, then head off to a 2 hour lunch, drinks and home by tea time...

Back
Top Bottom