New Screen Suggestions due to display issue

Soldato
Hi, its been a while since I last posted; real life and all that….. it sucks, really does.

But anyway onto something more technical; last year I had a couple of techwood 65” tvs put in to be used as screens. Now they work fine on my laptop (via DisplayPort) but I found soon after that few laptops would not connect and show the desktop. After a bit of investigation I found that the onl way to get the display was to set the screen to be used as a second display (extend desktop) and set the display at 1920x1080 – I wondered why mine worked as a duplicate display and it occurred to me that its resolution is 720p.

Now the issue is that with the number of training courses / sales / other uses this is becoming a pain to keep reminding everyone to sort out their display settings and it would be nice just to plug in and work. Now I realise the issue here is probably the TV and it will not process any signals over the HDMI that are not standard TV signals (720 / 1080) so I think I need to swap these for something that will do that so anyone can plug in a laptop and just work irrespective of the resolution.

With this in mind does anyone have any suggestions for that size screen that will work with various resolutions.

edit: OK I forgot to mention that I was looking at the Samsung UE65KU6000 which appears to show that it does in the manual but does anyone actually have one and verify this?

TIA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom