New Season Fixtures

Don
It's been reported that an additional 20 games (but not all) will be broadcast to make up for games being played behind closed doors.

Don
They‘ll be more than that before stadiums can be full again
I know, hence why I said not all. They don't want all games to be shown as there's very little value in the vast majority of the additional games - for example who is going to watch Brighton - Burnley and of those that will, how many would have watched Arsenal - Everton instead had they not had the option of watching the Brighton game? These extra games won't attract many more subscribers and the League don't want it to water down the value of rights in the future.

Caporegime
I know, hence why I said not all. They don't want all games to be shown as there's very little value in the vast majority of the additional games - for example who is going to watch Brighton - Burnley and of those that will, how many would have watched Arsenal - Everton instead had they not had the option of watching the Brighton game? These extra games won't attract many more subscribers and the League don't want it to water down the value of rights in the future.
Fair enough. I don’t suppose it will bother us much though. About 90% of our teams games will be shown live anyway.

Back
Top Bottom