New SFF Machines - where are they ?

Associate
So where are the new SFF machines ? These seems to be released (In theory) but I can't find them anywhere ?

- Deskmini X300 - No sign of the box or any processor to put in it. 4750G anyone ?
- Deskmini H470 - At least this one is listed in various places but no stock to be had
- Asus PN50 / 4800U - Seems to have gone straight from unreleased to out stock

Are these real or just paper launches (As far as the UK is concerned anyway) ?

Soldato
A very square competitor has some stock of the Asus PN50 right now.

4800U variant - 3 in stock £499.99
4700U variant - 1 in stock £408.99

Found them in few seconds on my first Google search... ;)

Associate
ive been looking into getting a little mini pc to replace the pc i have now.

currenty have
AMD FX8320
Asus M5A97 Evo R2
radeon r9 270x
32gb
1tb ssd

i think its about 6-7 years ago i when i built it, i dont really play games on it anymore i take it one of these mini pcs would be much faster and way better than what i currently have.

Soldato
ive been looking into getting a little mini pc to replace the pc i have now.

currenty have
AMD FX8320
Asus M5A97 Evo R2
radeon r9 270x
32gb
1tb ssd

i think its about 6-7 years ago i when i built it, i dont really play games on it anymore i take it one of these mini pcs would be much faster and way better than what i currently have.
Probably in compute, but not gpu. Igpu is coming on lots, but I think your discrete would still run rings round it...if drivers are still keeping a card that old running well ...

Associate
Did yours come with the Display Port connector on the back? All the pictures I've seen show it but I keep reading it's an option.

Soldato
Did yours come with the Display Port connector on the back? All the pictures I've seen show it but I keep reading it's an option.
It did indeed.

The other options are another network port or vga. I think at least in the UK retail it all comes as display port. Business sales probably they can customise.

Associate
It's the display port I need, got some decent monitors but they're all old and only support full resolution with DP or Dual Link DVI. USB 3.x etc just confuses my and I'm using a USB-DP adapter on my Dell laptop but it refuses to screen save and flickers on off if I even look at the cables. Can't find HDMI2 to DP convertors either that do 2560x1600 so really want that proper DP.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Soldato
It's the display port I need, got some decent monitors but they're all old and only support full resolution with DP or Dual Link DVI. USB 3.x etc just confuses my and I'm using a USB-DP adapter on my Dell laptop but it refuses to screen save and flickers on off if I even look at the cables. Can't find HDMI2 to DP convertors either that do 2560x1600 so really want that proper DP.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Np. I'm stuck with hdmi only unless I buy a DP to DVI-D cable to enable Hz higher than 60 on my old benq xl2410t.

I think it makes more sense to buy a new monitor than pay for an active cable.. they seem pricey.

Back
Top Bottom