New Silverstone Built (pic heavy, no 56k!)

Associate
This is nothing new or revolutionary, but I am very happy with this build, so wanted to show it off.

Silverstone Sugo SG05
Silverstone 450w SFX PSU
Intel i7 2600K
Scythe Shuriken Rev. B
Zotac Z68 ITX Wifi
PowerColor Radeon HD 6850 1GB (PCS+ edition, 8.5" long)
Crucial Ballastix Sport 2x4GB 1333Mhz DDR3
OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD
Sony slim BluRay Drive

3x LG E2351VR-BN - only one ordered so far.

Initially this was going to have an i5 2500 (pictured below) but I bought an i7 from MM on a whim.

Also was going to have a 5850 (pictured below) but that got damaged in the post (from MM) so was replaced with the 6850.

WEI 7.6, which I think is pretty tasty for an ITX box :D

weik.jpg

The original build -

Empty case -

Top down of the board outside the case -

Prior to removing stickers -

After -

Drive bezel is same colour as the case, flash changes it - bezel thanks to xpcpu on MM.

Soldato
I have built a few builds based on this case and found it best to use something like an H50 and forgo the internal DVDRW drive in favour of a slim USB powered and often cheaper external drive.

Still think these are the best cases for a Mini-ITX build :)

Associate
OP
I like having a blurray drive... also the Scythe is pretty quiet - I tried to get a H50 in there (I got one from MM with the i7)... but I couldn't see a way of doing it without modding or losing either the graphics or optical.

I'm also wanting to squeeze a 3 or 4 TB HDD in there when prices come down.

Soldato
I have a quick question, if I may; what sort of temperatures does the 2600K reach in your setup, Wakinglimb?

Who has 56k in this day and age? in fact that tech is obsolete. I have no idea why people still post it in thread titles. :eek:
I guess it's the traditional way of saying "there are a lot of large image files embedded into this thread" - if you were browsing via a 3G connection with a data transfer limit, you'd probably want to skip such threads.

Associate
OP
Exactly, is more for 3g/mobile data, but is a standard... plus I am old skool, 30 this year ;)

Temps have yet to breach 52 degrees on the i7, playing Dirt 3. It idles around 40 degrees. I've not OC'd it at all. I know I have a Z68 but that was mainly for the better SSD performance and better board in general, I have no need to OC right now.

Soldato
Will the H50 fit if you have both a 2.5" SSD, 3.5" HDD in their drive cages, AND a full-length GPU? (and no DVD drive)

Remove all drive cages, fit 4 x Screws + washers to the 3.5" drive, thread something like a shoe ace through the 4 washers and suspend it across the case.

Now fit the 2.5" Drive at the back of the case next to the PSU in that little gap that is just big enough to suspend the drive in a similar method to the 3.5" drive.

Done it myself, helps with keeping noise levels low as well :)

I also mount H50's in SG05's with pipes at bottom of the case and use a cable tie anchored to one of the fan screws to prevent the pipes from touching the memory. This way you are able to fit a video card in with ease (I have a GTX 580 in mine)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom