New stock XBOX360 without remote controller

Soldato
laiman said:
You don't use your controller to switch your 360 on and off?

No. I did manage to do it once though. But i'm not actually sure how to do it and have thus far been too lazt to read the manual. But why bother when all i need to do is press a single button :)

Soldato
You just press the guide or start button to turn the 360 on. Turning it off is a bit harder as you have press the guide button, goto personal options and then shut down.

I'm thinking of getting Win MCE 2005, but as OCUK sell it OEM I'll need to buy a remote. I know that the MCE remotes work with the 360, but does the 360 remote work with MCE? (The full remote, not the free one.)

Associate
MonkeyMan said:
You just press the guide or start button to turn the 360 on. Turning it off is a bit harder as you have press the guide button, goto personal options and then shut down.

To turn it off you just hold the guide button down for 2-3 seconds. Then chose shutdown console.

Soldato
Ahh I didn't know that, I just saw the shut down option and assumed thats how you do it. :D

Also found out that the 360 remote does work with media centre pc's, so I'm going to get MCE and give the media extender functions a try.

Soldato
MonkeyMan said:

I'm thinking of getting Win MCE 2005, but as OCUK sell it OEM I'll need to buy a remote. I know that the MCE remotes work with the 360, but does the 360 remote work with MCE? (The full remote, not the free one.)

Yes they do work as it's effectively the same thing and there's an option in the dashboard to set it up to work with 360, MCE or both.

Back
Top Bottom