New to PC gaming

Associate
Hi everyone,

This has been a long time coming but i have finally decided to invest in a gaming PC. I have a budget of £700-£800 to buy the actual PC. What could i get with that? I would need to get a mouse, keyboard, monitor etc but i am sure i can figure that out for myself, although suggestions on that too would be appreciated.

The kind of games i want to run on it are strategy games such as Hearts of Iron 4 and Assault squad 2 and Tactical FPS games like Arma and Squad.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Associate
If I were you, I would wait for new X570 amd boards when they go on sale. Get one of those, and the cheapest CPU you can fit on it, can always upgrade later.

For GPU 1660Ti would do a decent job, while 2060 is great if you can stretch that far.

Think carefully about the case, what are your long term goals. Do you want to stick to air cooling, do some AIO liquid cooling or custom loop eventually. Case will outlast everything else in your system and so does the PSU, don't skimp on and and it will last you 10 years +

Keyboard isn't that important, cheapest one will do fine for time being, while mouse sensor is advisable to get semi decent from the get go.

Monitor you can get a semi decent one used for like 50 GBP on ebay and always resell it and upgrade later.

Ram is the tricky part, when I built my current system I got a 4gb stick of a ebay for 25 gbp and one 4gb stick from store for 30 gbp and ran that for a while, then I sold both and got myself Royal Trident 2x8gb 4000 cl17 for almost 300.

Just some points to think about.

Soldato
ARMA = intel . CPU bound , not so much cores but core speed and performance !

also depends on what screen resolution your playing at , but as above that all seems to be in the same budget.

and intel isn't cheap!

Ryzen 3000 launches July- if your able to hold out . see how it fairs against intel .
Most RTS favour Intel as well - i run ryzen 2700 and prefer when i was using intel i7 8700k .

intel + rx 580 + 75hz 1080 freesync monitor

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £793.83 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the response's guys. To be honest i'm not too clued up on computer parts etc but i will have a look in to it!

Back
Top Bottom