New to pc gaming

Associate
Hi everyone, I used to be into building my own computers but that was 12 years ago and so much has changed, I want to build a new gaming pc and I have a budget of 2k can any give me any advice? Tia jason

Soldato
Now is an exciting time to get back in to PC gaming. The RTX 30 series GPUs have just been launched and AMD are launching their new CPUs on Oct 8th.

Which games are you going to be playing?

Think about a RTX 3080 - maybe step back to a 3070 (Oct 15th) - with a 3440x1440 144 Hz monitor on a B550 motherboard with a Ryzen 3700 or 5700 CPU and 16 or 32 GB RAM.

Associate
OP
Now is an exciting time to get back in to PC gaming. The RTX 30 series GPUs have just been launched and AMD are launching their new CPUs on Oct 8th.

Which games are you going to be playing?

Think about a RTX 3080 - maybe step back to a 3070 (Oct 15th) - with a 3440x1440 144 Hz monitor on a B550 motherboard with a Ryzen 3700 or 5700 CPU and 16 or 32 GB RAM.
I am into games like cod and battlefield

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome.

Does he 2k include a monitor, etc. ?

Zen 3 cpu is due to be released mid October do you want to wait or build now.

And or intel any preference, intel still top get gaming but not by much, AMD great all rounder.

Associate
Welcome!

2k can be more than enough. Depends if you want 4k, high frame rates, and/or future proofing at desired quality.
Next gen consoles which release right now are great value for money, with actually decent hardware for once. But the new Nvidia cards are decent value too, many are just waiting for AMD to produce their hand of cards before possibly upgrading.

You arrived just about the perfect time, though prices could be a bit uppy downy still with corona still hanging about.

Associate
OP
Welcome!

2k can be more than enough. Depends if you want 4k, high frame rates, and/or future proofing at desired quality.
Next gen consoles which release right now are great value for money, with actually decent hardware for once. But the new Nvidia cards are decent value too, many are just waiting for AMD to produce their hand of cards before possibly upgrading.

You arrived just about the perfect time, though prices could be a bit uppy downy still with corona still hanging about.
4k is what I want with a decent frame rate

Man of Honour
Its been a long time since I built one but don't I need a harddrive? If I am being stupid please say lol
You do have a hard drive it's an wesrern digital blue m2 drive 1tb nvme which you plugs straight into a slot on the motherboard No cables required .

You could always add another hard drive to store photos, etc.

Soldato
True but it makes a difference going forward. Not only WRT GPUs but you can also plug in another card - e.g. 10 Gb ethernet or video capture - without ill effect.

How many gamers need 10Gb LAN though ? Also you don't need pcie 4.0 for capture cards either, as you can get them in USB format, so no need for a pcie slot.

Maybe in a few years it might make a difference i.e RTX 4000 etc.

Back
Top Bottom