New to Watercooling, advice and input please? (Help me spend £200)

Associate
Ok cool guys, thanks for the heads up... 2x120mm at the front of the case it is then... Would that even require any drilling?

Being a complete noob to watercooling, what are the disadvantages once it's up and running? Mobility, im assuming, and ofc leaks :eek:

Soldato
Wow, that looks very nice. :)

With the Swiftech "Ultra" package, does it contain everything i need to get started? (apart from the VGA waterblock which i can purchase later) All i am after is just the basic cooling of the CPU and GPU.

Soldato
Sorry to keep asking so many questions, its just Overclockers have ...

Zalman Reserator1-Plus Fanless Water Cooling System - Black

... on this week only for about the same price as the Swiftech system and i think it comes it the same parts as the Swiftech but also a VGA Water block? Am i correct?

Also, as long as my temps are better than they currently are, i'll be happy. :)

Man of Honour
OzZie said:
Sorry to keep asking so many questions, its just Overclockers have ...

Zalman Reserator1-Plus Fanless Water Cooling System - Black

... on this week only for about the same price as the Swiftech system and i think it comes it the same parts as the Swiftech but also a VGA Water block? Am i correct?

Also, as long as my temps are better than they currently are, i'll be happy. :)

it performs well, but being passive wont support much overclocking and probably wont cope as well with multiple blocks than the swiftech kit. in my personnel opinion i would go for the swifttech for the better performance and the fact that it can all be contained in your case, whereas reserator makes moving your case a pain

Last edited:
Soldato
ichabod crane said:
makes the front all dusty though, its at the front :p

Crane, I was saying having the Rad in the front of the CMstacker, remove like 6 of the drive bay should provide enough space.

You can "expose" it or perhaps cover it with fan filters.

It'll get dusty if set the fan to "pull"
i.e.
|............|
/............|
/............|
|...........\#
|...........\#

Back Front,
with / being the exhaust fans, \ being the "sucking" fans and # representing the 120mm rad. Dust can be fixed with weekly vacuuming of the front (if left exposed / filter)

Sorry for bad diagram, thot I'll be more "Visual".

Edit: You can put 3fans, I'm placing bets you can put a 120.2 Rad.
image_05.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Dr Jones said:
Crane, I was saying having the Rad in the front of the CMstacker, remove like 6 of the drive bay should provide enough space.

You can "expose" it or perhaps cover it with fan filters.

It'll get dusty if set the fan to "pull"
i.e.
|............|
/............|
/............|
|...........\#
|...........\#

Back Front,
with / being the exhaust fans, \ being the "sucking" fans and # representing the 120mm rad. Dust can be fixed with weekly vacuuming of the front (if left exposed / filter)

Sorry for bad diagram, thot I'll be more "Visual".

Edit: You can put 3fans, I'm placing bets you can put a 120.2 Rad.
image_05.jpg

Yes sorry i was in a dumb moment :) its a very good way of mounting a rad with ease, i have the same setup with a 120.3 in a thermaltake armour case pretty much same size and shape as the stacker works a charm and lik ein your pic i recommend you remove the the drive bay covers and have the fans exposed as the drive bay covers go grey very quickly i found this out.

Associate
OP
Still here, almost ready to order, just trying to find out of AN2 will work with the Swiftech rig...

Thought I'd watch the thread derailment ;)

Back
Top Bottom