...New TV & Empiredirect

Permabanned
...Looking at a new TV.

Current one is a Sony 21" nothing special type affair.

Quite keen on another Sony but there is a Toshiba thats meant to be quite good.

Found both for a reasonably good price at www.empiredirect.co.uk

Has anybody any experience with this site?

TVs considered so far.

The Sony

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetailsnew.asp?modelcode=SON-KV32FX66S#

KV32FX66S.jpg

The Toshiba

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetailsnew.asp?modelcode=TOS-32ZP18Q

32ZP18Q.jpg

Anyone have any knowledge of the above two?

Or indeed any other recommendations.

Was originally looking at just a 28" 50hz...but got distracted ;) :D

Associate
i've been looking for a new tv for awhile you could have alook at the Sony LS60 seems like nearly everyone that has had one of these are pretty happy with them.As soon as i got spare money after xmas i'll be getting a 28LS60

Soldato
KV32FX66S.jpg

No way! I've just bought that exact same TV today;) They sell them in Comet (are these considered riva;s?? ) for £1300. Got mine for £950 inc delivery( not from there though ), so ring up and bargain with whoever you're buying from. I also asked them to change the cabinet, as the glass door lifts up and is quite flimsey. So if you've got kids, like me, that's something to consider.

As I said, I only bought it today, so I can't really comment on it too much. Apart from it's really heavy, but looks really cool. I'm about to watch Star Wars II on it now on DVD. I'll let you know what I think of the picture etc later on.;)

Last edited:
Soldato
The Toshiba is problematic in the majority of instances, heard lots of disappointed voices whenever it is mentioned.
The Sony is alright, personally I'd say look at the Panasonic TX32PL10. Got one the other week and the picture is excellent. Demo'd loads and loads of 32" 100Hz teles and the Panny's always looked the best. Alternatively the Phillips TV's come a close second imo.

Commissario
odd you should mention empire direct

i bought a new Sharp 28" TV off them last week (wednesdays), it arrived 10:30am of the day they said it would (the friday) :)

my only complaint is that i've spent the past 3 days trying to rearrange my room to make the most out of it :)

Commissario
hi its the 66GS62H

i'm no expert on tv's etc, but i really like it :)

the picture is good (certainly beats my old TV)

The screen is slightly curved but not much.

Sound seems to be good :)

all told i'm very happy with it, especially for the price (£250 delivered)

Soldato
Originally posted by alle v
...Well I plumped for the Sony kv32fx66 from Sony themselves :o

Should arrive in the morning :)

I've only had mine a few days and I'm very impressed with it, though the only complaint is the 100Hz option makes watching football a little blurry.
Also I've spent 2 days rearranging my front room to accomodate it:D

The button on the bottom left hand side is handy, press it and the remote tells you where it is when you lose it:cool:

Associate
I have the same tv and it's mustard:D
I have all sony stuff in my lounge:-dvd,vid,telly,ps2 and hi-fi.
All quality gear.
I bought a sharp hi-fi a couple of years ago and it packed in after 13 months:rolleyes: so now I stick to Sony stuff.
They exchanged my ps2 within 2 days when I rang them about it scratching disks,they sent my new one out by courier.Wicked service...

Associate
The Tosh one looks excellent and they do a 36" Version for another £150, but be warned go and have a look at them first.

Reason being I have a 32ZD98B from about 2/3 Years ago and it is excellent no complaints whatsoever. But when I saw the 36" Picture frame version in the same sized case as my own, I thought want one need one now !!! but the SO didn't agree. Anyway after the impulse buy wore off I happened to be in Kendalls I think it was in Welwyn GC and saw one of the said 36" Picture Frame jobbies, it was horrible the casing was at all angels. To look at it from the front square on it looked supberb but looking at it, as it would sit in your living room for example it look a mess.

Could be my personal preference but check them out first at Currys/Comet etc and buy online at wherever you can get the best deal.

Permabanned
OP
Originally posted by Chong Warrior
alle v, I hope those 2 speakers at each side of the TV are magnetically shielded, for yours and your TV's sake.

Centre speakers are all shielded but the others aren't in most cases.

All the speakers are the same m8y :) and yep they are all shielded :)

Digibox wasn't though...so that has moved ;)

Back
Top Bottom