1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New watch time. Advise please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Messiah Khan, 24 May 2006.

1. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

Im after a new watch soon. Im looking for one in the £100-£250 pricerange. So far I have my eye on the following;

SEIKO ARCTURA SKA283P1
    SEIKO ARCTURA SKA285P1
    SEIKO ARCTURA SNL011
    SEIKO KINETIC SKA187
    SEIKO KINETIC SKA116
    SEIKO KINETIC SKA251P1

Does anyone have any of the above watches? What do you think of them? Does anyone have any other suggestions of similar watches that are worth looking at? Thanks.

2. SiriusB

Capodecina

Just go for one you like the look of and can afford. Buying a watch is like buying a set of spoons - there is not alot that can go wrong lol :D

SiriusB

3. Mellownatts

Hitman

I love this seasons Tag watches, may be a little over budget but still worth a look.

4. Mark A

Capodecina

Look on ebay for Seiko watches, they are alot cheaper than in the high street stores. I was looking at a Seiko chrono watch in H Samuels and really wanted it but it was £350, a tad higher than i was prepared to pay. I looked on ebay one day to see if there was any good watches and found a fair few ebay stores that sold this watch, i ended up getting it for £180 :) . I'm chuffed with it, best watch Ive ever owned. Its a Quartz watch tho so you may not be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-SEIKO-...ryZ10354QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mark

5. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

Thanks. I don't have an Ebay account Mark A, although I might be tempted to set one up if I can save that much. How does the Kinetic watches compare to normal ones? Does it really work, or will I have to do a dance every hour to keep the watch going?

6. iSam

Soldato

Citizen Eco-Drive watches are lovely, they are powered by the movement of your hand and small solar plates on the front. I got mine for £150.

7. Minstadave

Caporegime

Eco-drive is solar panel only I think :confused:

8. noob

Perma Banned

Whatever you do don't ever buy a Seiko from the highstreet, absolute ripoff. I can give you the ebay seller which I bought mine from if you want. My watch was over 300 quid in the highstreet I payed 140.

9. Gamefreak501

Sgarrista

I got my Citizen ECO-Drive watch for £45 from the bay. Best watch I have owned and great looking too. I would strongly recommend looking there for your next purchase :)

10. iSam

Soldato

My Dad was fibbing then! :mad: :p

11. phykell

Mobster

The Seiko Kinetic SMY017 looks nice but could do with a Titanium strap IMO. Have you considered the Casio Waveceptors? I've got this one:

http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/casio/waveceptor-watches-wva430tdu1a2ver-large.jpg

Perfect for me. Decent price, basic watch, always tells exactly the right time (radio-controlled), solar-powered, clear display with proper numbers (again that's personal preference), and a lightweight strap so I can still play piano with it on (another personal preference).

12. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

Right, I think I have managed to narrow it down to the Seiko SNL001. It quite simple and understated, yet classy IMO.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the other suggestions guys, I did have a look at them. I quite like the Citizen Calibre 8651, but not as much as the seiko.

13. fatty1

Gangster