New wheels thoughts?

Permabanned
Whats the point, save your money. Surely you should have something more important to spend your money on than your car at your age?
Unless your loaded, then ignore the above and spend away.

Man of Honour
OP
Whats the point, save your money. Surely you should have something more important to spend your money on than your car at your age?

The residual value of a set of LM's is so huge that pretty much the only cost is the opportunity cost of the interest on the money you spend on them in the first place - as you get it back when you sell them.

Associate
Hmmmm........difficult one this. BBS LM's are indeed awesome but I think they suit the E46 more than the E39. I'd be more inclined to spend the money on perhaps an exhaust and induction kit?

Man of Honour
OP
Used. There is no way I could justify a new set. Buying used means you get back what you paid provided you dont wreck them.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
They make the car lose it's age completely I think. Looking at the pic Housey posted and then of the silver M5, for the price of a new lick of paint, the wheels give the car a very fresh and expensive look. Given the oppertunity, I'd do it. Especially considering the little to no depreciation, even if it was only for 12 months.

Soldato
The example isn't too great (I assume you wont run stretched tryes with the space between tyre and wing at less than 10mm).

But I think they are a little to dishy to suit the car, without looking a bit Barry. But then again it may be the image thats confusing me.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;14935434 said:
Looking at E39 M5 prices now I might as well just swap the car :eek: Looks like nice facelift ones are just into 4 figures :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

This.
Stop messing about & wishing your life away & Treat yourself to a Real one. :cool:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14935434 said:
Looking at E39 M5 prices now I might as well just swap the car :eek: Looks like nice facelift ones are just into 4 figures :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Or just into 5 figures with a set of BBS LMs ;)

...oh, and anther just into 4 figures saved for potential running costs :D

Back
Top Bottom