new wipers needed but what manufacturer to go for?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Bosch have been fine for last few months, will see how they go.

I aways give the screen (inside and out) a good scrub with vinegar, really gets the muck off.

Soldato
Phantom said:
i read up on these PIAA wipers - theyre made out of silicone which when installed for the first time should be used dry for about 5 minutes so it coats the windscreen with silicone too... you have to repeat this procecss every few months to make sure the windscreen is constantly coated! :eek: sounds like high maintenence and id probably be liable to forget!

essentially i need something that does a good job and it appears the consensus say Bosch? need to do this tomorrow i think, the car goes in for its service soon and id rather not give Honda the opportunity to rip me off :p

I have NEVER allowed Honda to service my Honda Accord. They overcharge by too much. Wanted £300 +VAT for a 36month service, had it done at another garage, full service with new wiuper blades supplied. I got Bosch this time. £150 + VAT. Much more affordable. Honda = Nice motors - Rip off service charges.

Soldato
I honestly don't think Honda services are that bad, a lot of them are fixed priced, and a lot of the stuff which would need replacing you can get under 'Honda happiness' if your car is over 3years old.....but yes I would still replace as much stuff as I could myslef before it went in.

Saying that 300+vat is too much, the dealership at cribbs by me is meant to be expensive yet its only £230 all in for a 48m major service on a CTR. And personally I wouldn't let anyone else touch it, I don't trust a non-honda garage to check and adjust all the things a dealership would like the valve clearance and tappet adjustment on 48k/4yr etc

Soldato
Get a set of Valeo Silencio from Euro Car Parts on ebay. The blades are really soft and flexible - I had problems with on the Mondeo with blades not catching the bottom corner due to the curvature of the screen after a few weeks of use. When I got the new Mondy it had Bosch blades fitted and they had the same problem. Since I've swapped them for Valeo I've not had any trouble.

Soldato
Bigsy said:
I honestly don't think Honda services are that bad, a lot of them are fixed priced, and a lot of the stuff which would need replacing you can get under 'Honda happiness' if your car is over 3years old.....but yes I would still replace as much stuff as I could myslef before it went in.

Saying that 300+vat is too much, the dealership at cribbs by me is meant to be expensive yet its only £230 all in for a 48m major service on a CTR. And personally I wouldn't let anyone else touch it, I don't trust a non-honda garage to check and adjust all the things a dealership would like the valve clearance and tappet adjustment on 48k/4yr etc

Fair enough. But all I know is that Honda wanted to rape me, so I went elsewhere. I'm now £150 better off, and I got a set of wiper blades included in my last 36 month service. The garage I took mine to was WELL recommended, and they stamped the book, and the car has been running perfectly fine. So, I saved money, and got good service, and I didn't feel bad as I'd not allowed a scabbing honda dealer rip me off..

Each to their own I guess.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox said:
I have Bosch ones and they are absolutely awful, I am considering binning them after only 6 months :(

Weird, I have Bosch wipers on both my car & truck, they are very good imo.

Do you use your wipers whilst your screens still forzen? That'll do 'em in.

Soldato
yowserctr on the CTR forums has been designing wipers for 9 years.... he roundly pans both Champion and Trico wipers, I personally take his word for it.

Soldato
blueboy2001 said:
Get a set of Valeo Silencio from Euro Car Parts on ebay. The blades are really soft and flexible - I had problems with on the Mondeo with blades not catching the bottom corner due to the curvature of the screen after a few weeks of use. When I got the new Mondy it had Bosch blades fitted and they had the same problem. Since I've swapped them for Valeo I've not had any trouble.

The Valeo Silencio are what come as standard with the Mondeo from Ford, however they are just rebranded with the Ford logo instead of Valeo.

Soldato
OP
iv-tecman said:
I have NEVER allowed Honda to service my Honda Accord. They overcharge by too much. Wanted £300 +VAT for a 36month service, had it done at another garage, full service with new wiuper blades supplied. I got Bosch this time. £150 + VAT. Much more affordable. Honda = Nice motors - Rip off service charges.

the car is 3 yrs old this year.. would like to keep up the manufacturers sevice history :(

Soldato
Phantom said:
the car is 3 yrs old this year.. would like to keep up the manufacturers sevice history :(

Mine is 3 years old as well, and I've had it since it was only 1.5 years old, and I've had it serviced twice. I know what you mean, but I couldn't justify spending all that money for just a stamp, as I can prove my car is well maintained as I have receipts for all work, even new tyres and a list of what has been replaced during services.

IMO I'd rather buy a car with this type of history, as I can prove that my car has been well looked after, and I'm better off.. Running a car is too expensive to throw money away like that... Over the two services I've had, by not allowing Honda to touch it I've saved nearly £300... And I bet I'd not increase my resale value by this much, as I do have a service history..

Anyhow, totally off topic, just get some bosch blades, I've been happy with mine, and they are fine.

Associate
i got bosch ones pair at the front and one back for £15. i did fill my window washer up with white vinger once made it so clean it was unture but the smell was wow when it come though ** vents and dont go away for 30 mins.. not very nice lol

Back
Top Bottom