1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New X-FI Betas released

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Bony Maloney, 30 May 2006.

1. Bony Maloney

Sgarrista

Filename: SBXF_PCDRVBETA_LB_2_09_0001.exe

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Final driver version due, end of june

This download

* Includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
    * Does not address all the reported general "crackling" issues, but it does resolve some specific issues with crackling. Investigations with some motherboard manufacturers are ongoing, and we hope to provide a general solution soon.
    * Resolves some issues to improve your overall audio experience.

Added Feature:

* Supports OpenAL 1.1

Game Fixes:
    For Prey™

* Resolves the issue of the computer not responding

For Quake 4™ (version 1.04)

* Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the error message "Quake 4 has encountered an error and needs to close" is displayed
    * Resolves the issue of mono speaker out in surround sound environments
    * Allows you to hear audio from speakers when you select the OpenAL X-Fi option as the audio driver
    * Allows audio channels to stream to correct speakers

For Battlefield 2™

* Allows the Ultra-High Audio setting in a multi-player game

For Battlefield 2 (version 1.12)

* Allows you to hear audio from speakers when the X-Fi audio driver option is selected

For Doom 3™ (version 1.3)

* Allows you to hear audio from speakers when EAX 4.0 is enabled
    * Resolves the "pop" issue during the Chainsaw attack sound effect sequence
    * Removes "hiss" from the front left speaker
    * Allows panning
    * Plays the Ambient sound effects correctly

For Unreal® Tournament 2004 (version 3369)

* Allows you to hear audio from speakers when running in hardware OpenAL mode (the System Driver check-box is cleared)

For Unreal Tournament 2004 (version 3355)

* Allows reverb in native OpenAL mode
    * Allows music to play correctly during gaming in Native OpenAL mode

For Dungeon Siege® (version 1.11)

* Resolves the issue of the computer not responding during benchmarking

Music or Movie Playback Fixes:

* Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when DTS signal is passed through Creative MediaSource™ Player/Organizer
    * Removes X-Fi CMSS-3D Speakers distortion when playing DivX stereo content

Recording Fixes:
    For ASIO

* Resolves the issue where audio stops when you turn on the inputs in Cubase® LE
    * Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the sample rate changes in Cubase
    * Resolves crackling during playback and monitoring at 1 ms
    * Resolves the issue where signal is lost when the sample rate changes in Cubase LE or SX3

For Audio Creation Mode

* Removes distortion when recording to a 44.1 kHz multi-channel wave file in Audio Creation Mode with 44.1 kHz master sampling rate
    * Removes the pops and crackles during record monitoring and changing sample rates

For Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition

* Resolves the issue where no audio is heard from your speakers occasionally when playing 3D MIDI files
    * Resolves the missing instrument issue when playing a MIDI file in all modes

For Cubase LE 1.09

* Resumes normal playback of MIDI tracks when changing sampling rate

Others

* Resolves the "recording process aborted" issue during a 44 kHz multi-channel recording
    * Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when recording with Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer
    * Resolves SoundFont® issues where notes distort and change pitch during playback and recording

General Fixes

* Allows your computer to quit Suspend mode when enabling "Automatically Enable Headphone Settings" even when headphones are not connected to your computer
    * Resolves the issue where no audio is heard when testing the X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone in the Game Mode console
    * Resolves the noise issue when your computer quits Standby mode

Fixes for developers:

* Allows effects to be loaded in EAX4.0 mode of your test program (EAX50ShowDSound)
    * Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when loading a 2D Sound in your test program (DSound50_OpenAL 1.1)
    * Resolves the issue where there is no upmix when switching effects
    * Resolves floating point offset issue in OpenAL
    * Resolves the issue of the computer not responding while using synchronous start through native OpenAL

Requirements:

* Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
    * Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio device

Note:

* Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Editi

2. Mekrel

Soldato

I downloaded some betas a while ago from Guru3D and they had a time limit on them? :S

First time I have ever experienced a driver do that, do these have the same thing? You get a warning during installation.

3. Bony Maloney

Sgarrista

Yes they are good until...........I forgot the date :D A new WHQL driver is due for release at the end of June........supposedly :)
    I have installed them straight over the top of the older drivers with no problems.

4. killer_uk

OcUK Staff

I think these are valid for 120 days. Official driver is due out at the end of June.

5. slasher_uk

Associate

to be honest i rma'd my card because of the crackling would never buy creative again, i am sorry for being negative but they really need to learn how to treat their customers with a little respect and not as complete idiots.

6. Jimbu

Hitman

Finally they sorted some problems. Has anyone tried these? Hava any problems? Worth installing until offcial release?

7. malccy

Wise Guy

Can play BF2 now with the x-fi settings (was unable to run game with setting after the bf2 1.3 patch).

Shame have'nt got a better mediasource thingy like had with my audigy2 where I could set sound volumes of front and rear speakers.