New x570 Bios for Gigabyte Aorus Elite - AGESA 1.0.0.4 B - F10a

Associate
F10a
  1. Update AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
  2. Improve system boot time
  3. Improve RAID function compatibility
  4. Add AMD Raven Ridge APU (Ryzen 2400G/ 2200G) support

Looks like Gigabyte are rolling out BIOS updates for AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
I am just about to try it out on myx570 Aorus Elite.
Not sure how they come up with naming the BIOS but I think because it's "F10A" it might be an early/beta BIOS? THe only reason I say this is because in the past I downloaded and installed a "b" (ie F4B) version and then a week or two later it because a non letter version (ie just F4). But so far I have had no problems with lettered versions.
There is no new AMD chipset drivers yet either, which am I right in saying they usually accompany a new AGESA version?

Associate
Looks like Gigabyte are rolling out BIOS updates for AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
I am just about to try it out on myx570 Aorus Elite.
Not sure how they come up with naming the BIOS but I think because it's "F10A" it might be an early/beta BIOS? THe only reason I say this is because in the past I downloaded and installed a "b" (ie F4B) version and then a week or two later it because a non letter version (ie just F4). But so far I have had no problems with lettered versions.
There is no new AMD chipset drivers yet either, which am I right in saying they usually accompany a new AGESA version?
i reckon there will be a new bios with a few tweaks to this one in a few weeks there normally is. ive updated my bios to the F10a the other day everything seems to be stable the main thing i have noticed is the cores no longer go into a sleep state but i dont seem to be getting as many temperature spikes, as for performance i cant really say ive noticed much of a performance gain.
AMD drivers i have no idea my guess would be i think there will be new drivers to update the power plan will just have to wait and see i suppose.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
It's hard to know what's actually changed now the Gigabyte rep has moved on. Shame they haven't replaced him!

that's a shame it was handy having him around to help with rma's etc. someone else might take over once this corona situation gets a bit better maybe.

Associate
First thing I noticed with the jump from f5b to f12h was that the chipset fan doesn't rev at full speed on boot anymore which is good.

Boot time has been cut down by a third too. (I know this was a listed changed in f10a).

Temps seem 1/2c higher but that's nothing to worry about.

Idle - 33-40c
Browsing - 38-48c
Gaming - 65c tops

Back
Top Bottom