1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

new xfx 4870

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by marv, 9 Oct 2009.

1. marv

Hitman

got another xfx 4870 for crossfire today only to find the cooler was completly differnt than my other 1, thought nvm looks crap feels flimsy but if it works fine stick it in my system and had nothing but bsod so went thougth it all checking it nothing, Ended up trying each card seprate turns out the new card i just got is going over 120 degrees C with 100% fan and Bsod, where my old 1 never goes above 70 full load, Looks like another trip to clockers. :(

2. chaotic_uk

Mobster

is this the one ? , if so contact ocuk to see if you have a dud card or if a change of brands is possible . you will proberly kill the card if you keep getting 120c

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Oct 2009
  3. marv

Hitman

yes that was the card took it back today and got a saphire instead.

4. chaotic_uk

Mobster

which heat sink has the sapphire got ?

5. marv

Hitman

same as the 1 in the photo on the main site.