Newbie PC Build Info For Editing

Associate
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies as I know there are a lot of different posts regarding new builds on these forums and I have read quite a few but I couldn't find specifically what I needed so here it goes...

I've never built a PC before but I have worked on them all throughout my various jobs so know what I was working on back then but not if there are better options around now. I am now looking to move on (career wise) and head out on my own so need the equipment at home to work with. I largely work with Adobe Creative Cloud (Specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects and a smidge of Photoshop) so need something capable of running them smoothly.

My budget is around the £1000 mark but willing to go up to about £1200 if absolutely needed.

I don't need extras like monitors or accessories as already own them.

Again apologies but my knowledge of what I need/want is rather limited but this is what I know and need more advice on so far...

Can I work on a MIDI or should I just go full Tower is my first question? Only reason I ask is I really liked the look of this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-void-rgb-midi-tower-case-black-window-ca-04l-kk.html but if it doesn't work to my needs more than willing to have suggestions thrown my way :)

Motherboard: No idea specifically so any advice on this would be brill.

Processor: As above ^^

Memory: 16GB min (more than willing to go up with this if price dictates) is what I need but as far as specifics on brands etc on this I'm a bit unsure.

I've looked around a bit and these where my initial thoughts on drives...
Solid State Drive 1: 500/1TB SATA
Solid State Drive 2: 2TB SATA... but I've been told that 1TB M.2 would work in place of both due to the increased speed etc, is this correct? If so can you recommend :)

Graphics: Again was recommended a 6GB GeForce GTX but would move up again if required.

Cooler, Soundcard or anything else in the build menu I'm no wiser on so if there are things I need?

I know the basics sort of, of what is required to run the programmes but would honestly love any advice people can offer...

Thank you in advance :)

Soldato
Hello
A Video Editing rig eh? here's my take on it. Though there are others here who may disagree.

More cores are better, since the start of multi-core CPU's that has been the case.
GFX not so much these days, though it does help.
Buy as much RAM as you can afford.
3 disks, one for the OS, one for scratch & the last for storage of the finished article. Personally I'd buy an external HDD for that.
Onboard sound should be OK.
Case = Video editing = Hardware at full load during rendering = Hot = good airflow through case to cool said hardware & positive air pressure to minimise the dust getting in. The Kolink would not do that.

Result?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,086.75 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Back
Top Bottom