• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Next gen cards to consume up to 500 watts

Soldato
doesnt surprise me, though on other hand the switch 5nm for nvidia i would have thought they are more efficient, so iwould take it with a last pinch of salt until the facts come out

Associate
I won't be buying a card with more than 300Watts of power. After 300Watts it starts to become unbearable during summer.

Hopefully next gen cards can achieve close to 3090 performance at 300Watts. Will be a nice upgrade to my 3070Ti by then.

Soldato
500W is too high for me, added with screen, speakers and the rest of my system it would rack up electricity bills to the point where my partner would flip out. I already get blamed for the bill lol

Soldato
500W is too high for me, added with screen, speakers and the rest of my system it would rack up electricity bills to the point where my partner would flip out. I already get blamed for the bill lol

You won't have to run heaters in winter = lower electric bills

Associate
I don't think games will become so power hungry for simple gaming this quickly, cards will be developed to play at mid 3070 levels of detail and with the 5nm power consumption shouldn't be an issue

Soldato
This high power draw will just be for the high end models

don't get ya panties in a bunch guys, entry and mid range cards will still be 170-250w.
The high end is pushed up to 500w just because Nvidia and AMD want to fight for top dog spot and bragging rights

Associate
Mini-ITX is going to be even harder to cool if you want a top tier card. Sigh. 500W is a lot, I don't want that sort of power draw for a single component. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Back
Top Bottom