US: Next

Associate
"A former tech CEO joins a Homeland Cybersecurity Agent to stop the emergence of a rogue Artificial Intelligence."

]

Just watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good. If you enjoyed Person Of Interest check it out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
did that guy really say "wheres the coal? your computers run on steam don't they" or did I mishear cos it just seemed really weird

all programmers are virgins until their 30s apparently cos no programmer ever went to uni and got laid.

FBI woman refers to coder working at what I imagine would be one of the worlds biggest tech firms, developing AI as a low level coder? he would be one 100k+ easy and likely have a far higher IQ than her

whats with the bit where she physically shakes with rage? like a petulant child, FBI can't hide their emotions? really?

seems like another of those series that tries to abuse stereotypes and alienate whats probably their potential viewers geeks and nerds

ahh yes almost forgot that coder using backspace a lot means he's making mistakes apparently, I thought it was normal for someones code to be constantly altered and refined as they go.

almost forgot the dig at aspergers people apparently it means your an A hole

seems like another one of those TV shows wrote by people who barely managed to finish college with no real world experience in the subject they are writing about and no experience through age

unless ep 2 is a big step up then I expect to hear the shows been cancelled before s1 has finished airing

Last edited:
Caporegime
So worth a watch?
possibly but you might want to wait until more than one episode is out.

it's really hard to judge based on a single episode where it's going or how good the writing really is, I'm likely being very harsh on it.

it wasn't the worst first episode to a TV series I ever watched but it wasn't one of the best either.

some great series have had terrible starts though so I guess there's always hope

Permabanned
Seen up to episode 3. FBI woman still having tantrums - lul.

It's not great but I'm sticking for the moment, largely down to the plot. If you're looking for a Skynet type themed show this might be worth a look.

Soldato
I'm enjoying it for what it is, without feeling the need to nitpick the hell out of it.
I'd say to wait until they've all aired, as this weekly release thing doesn't work too well in today's world IMO.

Back
Top Bottom