Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Associate
My friend had this exact issue, he called Google and they said common after phone getting old known issue, they just replaced it within 5 days he had a new one, this was a year and a half ago tho. He also factory reset the phone and it was totally hardware related.

Bugger. I thought this may be the case. I'm well out of warranty I'd imagine (coming up on three years) so I doubt Google would do anything, plus, I bought the phone from Carphone Warehouse as I wanted the blue colour :o

Thanks for confirming what I'd already suspected though. Now I guess I'll have to decide what phone to get next. Been eyeing up the Nokia 7+. Seems a good deal for £250.

Associate
Bugger. I thought this may be the case. I'm well out of warranty I'd imagine (coming up on three years) so I doubt Google would do anything, plus, I bought the phone from Carphone Warehouse as I wanted the blue colour :o

Thanks for confirming what I'd already suspected though. Now I guess I'll have to decide what phone to get next. Been eyeing up the Nokia 7+. Seems a good deal for £250.

I had a 5x as well for over 2 years but my son dropped it and the screen smashed good phone imo shame about common hardware issues. I have a 6p now sim only as my mate sold me it cheap. Too big, I liked the size of the 5x. I don't know what I would buy next time round all too expensive

Soldato
Is the fingerprint scanner paired to the motherboard or can they be swapped?
The Nexus 5X is fairly easy to open up and change things in it. Plenty guides too.

Back
Top Bottom