NFC Fruit Juice - Not From Concentrate

Permabanned
Well, I think the juices with 100% fruit content, without added water or any additives, artificial sweeteners, acids, E-s of any type, are the best.

Pure fruit purées and compotes (tutti-fruiti) are great!

I am going to drink 100% fruit juice not from concentrate - 55% peach purée, 45% apple juice.

Oh, so delicious mmm mmm

What do you, guys, drink?

Man of Honour
When I buy fruit juice, I try to pick up not from concentrate ones. The concentrate ones just don't taste nice. Funny how simply removing, then re-adding water makes them completely different.

Caporegime
As long as you accept that they have more sugar than Coke and are no more healthy just because they come from fruit.

I'm not a fan of coke so sometimes have orange or pineapple juice instead of a beer or wine if I don't want water.

Permabanned
OP
I try to avoid them, full of sugar.

You can't avoid sugar, at least not the naturally found in fruit and vegetables.

Use in living organisms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbohydrate
Monosaccharides are the major source of fuel for metabolism, being used both as an energy source (glucose being the most important in nature) and in biosynthesis. When monosaccharides are not immediately needed by many cells they are often converted to more space-efficient forms, often polysaccharides. In many animals, including humans, this storage form is glycogen, especially in liver and muscle cells. In plants, starch is used for the same purpose. The most abundant carbohydrate, cellulose, is a structural component of the cell wall of plants and many forms of algae. Ribose is a component of RNA. Deoxyribose is a component of DNA. Lyxose is a component of lyxoflavin found in the human heart.[20] Ribulose and xylulose occur in the pentose phosphate pathway. Galactose, a component of milk sugar lactose, is found in galactolipids in plant cell membranes and in glycoproteins in many tissues. Mannose occurs in human metabolism, especially in the glycosylation of certain proteins. Fructose, or fruit sugar, is found in many plants and in humans, it is metabolized in the liver, absorbed directly into the intestines during digestion, and found in semen. Trehalose, a major sugar of insects, is rapidly hydrolyzed into two glucose molecules to support continuous flight.

When I buy fruit juice, I try to pick up not from concentrate ones. The concentrate ones just don't taste nice. Funny how simply removing, then re-adding water makes them completely different.

The concentrate ones taste artificial, and can very easily be recognised because of the different and specific taste.
The concentrate is only a powder, and in the past could have been found as a powder in small retail packages in the shops.
I am glad that these times are now only the past.

Soldato
You can't avoid sugar, at least not the naturally found in fruit and vegetables.

Use in living organisms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbohydrate
Monosaccharides are the major source of fuel for metabolism, being used both as an energy source (glucose being the most important in nature) and in biosynthesis. When monosaccharides are not immediately needed by many cells they are often converted to more space-efficient forms, often polysaccharides. In many animals, including humans, this storage form is glycogen, especially in liver and muscle cells. In plants, starch is used for the same purpose. The most abundant carbohydrate, cellulose, is a structural component of the cell wall of plants and many forms of algae. Ribose is a component of RNA. Deoxyribose is a component of DNA. Lyxose is a component of lyxoflavin found in the human heart.[20] Ribulose and xylulose occur in the pentose phosphate pathway. Galactose, a component of milk sugar lactose, is found in galactolipids in plant cell membranes and in glycoproteins in many tissues. Mannose occurs in human metabolism, especially in the glycosylation of certain proteins. Fructose, or fruit sugar, is found in many plants and in humans, it is metabolized in the liver, absorbed directly into the intestines during digestion, and found in semen. Trehalose, a major sugar of insects, is rapidly hydrolyzed into two glucose molecules to support continuous flight.

The concentrate ones taste artificial, and can very easily be recognised because of the different and specific taste.
The concentrate is only a powder, and in the past could have been found as a powder in small retail packages in the shops.
I am glad that these times are now only the past.

Wow nice copy and paste. While yes you can't avoid natural sugars you can avoid blitzing them up and discarding all the fibre, making it easier for your body to take in an excessive amount of sugar. I don't typically eat 20 apples a day but it's the same amount of sugar in a glass of apple juice, minus all the other good stuff.
Liquid mars bar probably makes a nice drink as well but I wouldn't drink a pint of that either.

Caporegime
I really have nothing wrong with sugar or carbohydrates, I eat mountains of carbs and will consume plenty of sugars during exercise. However, fruit juice is processed to the point where there is no fiber and a very high amount of sucrose. Sucrose is particularly adverse, leading to higher risks of diabetes for example.

If you eat an orange then you consume much less sugar than a glass or orange juice, and you digest it much more slowly, and you gain much more of the benefits form the vitamins.

As I said, put juice in the same category as coke (only with even more sugar), and enjoy it as something special like a cake/desert/chocolate/takeaway/alcohol in moderation rather drinking gallons and deluding yourself in to thinking it is healthy.

Don't be foooled in to thinking that ebcause it is natural it is very healthy. Cyanide is natural but you would want to consume too much of that.

Permabanned
OP
Cyanide is in the same group as coke.

Fruit juice is not, actually I find very high quality fruit juice in the shop and its fibers content is ok too.

Soldato

Fruit juice is not, actually I find very high quality fruit juice in the shop and its fibers content is ok too.
Fibre in fruit juice. There are vitamins in a mars bar doesn't mean it's worth all the bad stuff in it.
Did you just come here in the hope people would say, yeah no harm in 2 cartons of apple juice a day, your teeth will be fine and diabetes isn't as bad as every one says. Lol

Permabanned
OP
Did you just come here in the hope people would say, yeah no harm in 2 cartons of apple juice a day, your teeth will be fine

My teeth are much better after I stopped coke, chocolate and tea with couple of teaspoons of sugar.
I don't drink 2 cartons of apple juice a day. Actually I drink a carton of fruit juice a week, max, maybe even more rarely.

Man of Honour

Here's a brainteaser for you, many of the vegetables you eat actually are in the same group as deadly nightshade better get them out of the diet as well before you die.

Associate
Glass of water with either a couple of slices of lemon or lime is good enough for me (gin is preferred to water obviously).

As others have mentioned fruit juice, even the all natural stuff, is full of sugar so should be drunk in moderation.

Also interestingly, from a nutritional point of view there's very little difference between a juice that's from concentrate vs one that's not (source : The nutritionist who has a slot on 'Eat Well for Less' ... plus some internet searches).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
16-year-old boy dies after drinking large diet soda, latte and energy drink https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...inking-diet-soda-latte-energy-drink/22088195/
A 16-year-old boy from South Carolina who died after collapsing at his school last month had so consumed so much caffeine that it killed him, a medical examiner said on Monday.

Drink an excessive amount of water in a day and you'll die as well, drink ten liters of fruit juice a day for years on end and you'll probably drop dead from diabetes.

While I'm not saying coke in healthy anything even "healthy" stuff in excess will cause you just as many issue.

Permabanned
OP
Drink an excessive amount of water in a day and you'll die as well, drink ten liters of fruit juice a day for years on end and you'll probably drop dead from diabetes.

While I'm not saying coke in healthy anything even "healthy" stuff in excess will cause you just as many issue.

True this :)

Well no, that's not confirmed yet. There are people who are still alive breathing oxygen ;)

I remember a lecturer of mine in the University. He told us how toxic oxygen is.

Back
Top Bottom