Nice areas in North London

JK1

JK1

Associate
I live in Edgware. Most of the houses for 300k and under are in the Burnt Oak and Deansbrook areas.

It is probably a bit too far out but my sister and her husband bought a 4 bedroom house in Garston for 300k

Associate
OP
Thanks guys. Close to a tube station would be nice as it would make it easier to go into central easier. Will look at some in Edgware this weekend.

Please let me know what other areas I should consider.
Cheers

Soldato
You need to realise that after the Jube Line has the new signalling system up and running this summer, the northern line will be next for all the disruption. Work has already started although most hardly know that.

LUL have said that the amount of closures will be drastically reduced comapred to all the weekend closures on the Jubilee line, but the signalling system requires a large amount of installation works before the testing and troubleshooting even takes places. If you are planning on relying on the Northern line, then don't as the next few years are likely to be pretty disruptive, possibly at weekends, possibly with earlier finishing service to extend engineering hours, and possibly even longer block closures of weeks. Totally unknown but it will happen.

Good luck with the flat hunt, I'm more of a fan of the South Side of the River :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Is a bit dodgy. Anywhere where most of the ground floor windows have to have bars doesn't get my vote.

We're currently renting in Woodside Park, which is really nice. Over towards Edgware is good too.
Most of Central London ground floor windows have bars, does this mean Central London is a bad place to live? :confused:
Kentish Town and Tufnell Park are actually quite nice.

Also, good luck finding a house for £300k in Kentish Town!

Associate
Try Harrow, its still quite nice or for a really nice place try Harrow on the Hill, its quite a posh area you may find a nice flat for that money there.

I dislike Edgeware it has a lot of rough estates close by and its small, colindale is an absolute ****hole lol

Other nice areas to look at Stanmore and Bushey.

If you venture into watford its cheaper and it isnt that bad but you could try rickmansworth thats nice area.

Back
Top Bottom