Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Has anyone got any personal experience of any copycat type aftershave companies? I keep seeing adverts on Facebook with lots of rave reviews, but not sure if I can trust those reviews thinking they may be paid for reviews etc.

I think one company was called copycat fragrances and the other I think was the essence vault. I can't bring myself to pay full whack for the likes of aventus etc.
Forget them and just buy a bottle of Mont Blanc Explorer, or that's still too much Club De Nuit Intense by Armaf, the first one is much better but they are both essentially Aventus clones. Or better still buy splits/decants of the real thing. ;)

Got some 'Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone' this week. Had a couple of compliments already. Seems a nice fragrance.
This is a cracker, I'm a huge MI fan (top 3) and this is annoying close!

Soldato
Has anyone got any personal experience of any copycat type aftershave companies? I keep seeing adverts on Facebook with lots of rave reviews, but not sure if I can trust those reviews thinking they may be paid for reviews etc.

I think one company was called copycat fragrances and the other I think was the essence vault. I can't bring myself to pay full whack for the likes of aventus etc.
Alexandria fragrances do a pretty good clone. Called Brasilia

https://www.alexandriauk.com/products/brasilia

or go for Mont Blanc explorer :)

https://www.allbeauty.com/gb/en/1207659-montblanc-explorer-eau-de-parfum-spray-30ml

Soldato

Perfume parlour are very good, although not currently taking orders.

Soldato
Just got coach blue in the post. Smells good. It’s a very fresh shower gel sort of vibe going on. Great for very hot days.

Edit. If I had to compare it to another fragrance.. I’d say it’s a mix of Versace man eau Fraiche, and Atlantiqve by Bvlgari

it’s so new I can’t find any reviews on YouTube or frgrantica / BaseNotes.

good purchase for £29 :)

has anyone here got a coach fragrance bottle ? When I first sprayed it, the atomiser gave out a loud click. I don’t know if I’ve broken it or it’s some sort of security thing to show first spray (the atomiser is pretty crap tbh I may have broken it :p )

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've got a bottle of the OG Coach for men, I don't remember it doing that. Did you make sure it was twisted to open?

I've got a bottle of Dior Homme Cologne just arrived. Very nice it is too.

Soldato
It was already facing the direction I think is normal to spray. (Facing the direction the picture is on the bottle) hmm. Oh well. Still sprays. Just not so great.

edit. Love DHC. Great purchase for the summer !

Last edited:
Soldato
My Hanae Mori HiM turned up this morning. It smells so so close to Gucci pour Homme 2...(from what I remember, as I haven’t owned GPH2 in years) but, absolute steal at £16. It’s potent too. Two sprays is enough for sure.

hux

hux

Soldato
You are all a bad influence, all bought in the last month and now got some Mont blanc explorer edp coming.

IMG-20200526-205811.jpg

Soldato
Picked up a 50ml of the new Dior Homme yesterday (now that my town has opened back up !) mainly because it has iso E super in it, and I love that note !

This new DH gets a lot of hate.. but I don’t think it’s bad at all ! In fact, I very much like it :D

Soldato
Picked up a 50ml of the new Dior Homme yesterday (now that my town has opened back up !) mainly because it has iso E super in it, and I love that note !

This new DH gets a lot of hate.. but I don’t think it’s bad at all ! In fact, I very much like it :D

Its getting a lot of hate but I love it!

Back
Top Bottom