Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Associate
Out of my whole collection, even my expensive stuff...my favourite is still molecule 01. :D I pretty much wear it daily. It’s just so so good.

Picked this up myself not too long ago myself. I can't get my head round it, one of the cheapest that i own which i cant detect with my own nose (although have smelt it on others) and think it smells like pure vodka coming out the bottle but seems to get all the compliments.

I picked up the tester packet that Esentric molecules produce but nothing comes close to this

Soldato
Its getting a lot of hate but I love it!

As much hate as it’s getting as it differs from its predecessor.. it’ll be the next big thing in fragrance imo. It’s gonna be a massive seller, and it’ll be everywhere. A lot of people in the frag community are starting to come around to it. It’s actually better than BdC and Sauvage imo (as far as compliments go!) it also smells better than both I think.

Picked this up myself not too long ago myself. I can't get my head round it, one of the cheapest that i own which i cant detect with my own nose (although have smelt it on others) and think it smells like pure vodka coming out the bottle but seems to get all the compliments.

I picked up the tester packet that Esentric molecules produce but nothing comes close to this

I have molecule 02 and Escentric 05. Molecule 02 is really really good, BUT, the longevity is below par (or maybe I go anosmic to it very quickly) salty and sweet. Really difficult to dislike it.

escentric 05 is great, for extremely hot days, but they’ve been few and far between so far this year, so haven’t had much chance to wear it yet :(

got half of my 30ml 01 bottle left so will be buying another soon.

Picked up Tom ford plum japonais in the allbeauty sale, and waiting for that in the post to arrive (hopefully tomorrow) I heard it may be discontinued soon.

hux

hux

Soldato
Got my Perfumers Choice No10 - Mojo today.
My nose isn't that great, but it starts with orange citrus and cardamom notes with the drydown having oud wood, vetiver and sandalwood.
I seem to go nose blind within an hour, but others still notice it several hours in.
It's a good contrast to their No9.
Feedback seems positive for sure.

Soldato
My nose isn't that great, but it starts with orange citrus and cardamom notes with the drydown having oud wood, vetiver and sandalwood.
I seem to go nose blind within an hour, but others still notice it several hours in.
Thanks for the review! I’m looking to grab a bottle because no.9 gets so many compliments. :D does no.10 smell similar to anything you’ve tried before ?

hux

hux

Soldato
Thanks for the review! I’m looking to grab a bottle because no.9 gets so many compliments. :D does no.10 smell similar to anything you’ve tried before ?

Nothing I've tried smells like it but in a good way, there is a hint of what smells like Lavender now it's been on a while. A woody floral scent.

Soldato
As much hate as it’s getting as it differs from its predecessor.. it’ll be the next big thing in fragrance imo. It’s gonna be a massive seller, and it’ll be everywhere. A lot of people in the frag community are starting to come around to it. It’s actually better than BdC and Sauvage imo (as far as compliments go!) it also smells better than both I think.

I hope it doesn't become too big a seller. The only reason I don't wear BdC is because it's so common.

Soldato
It’s basically just a salted melon sort of fragrance isn’t it ? That’s how it came across to me

Edit. Got plum japonais in the post today. A lot of people say it leans masculine. I’d say it’s a very fine line of 50/50. :p not blind buy worthy !

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered this from Amazon and a £2.70 voucher applied, bargain. Not in stock until first week in July but in no rush.

hux

hux

Soldato
Right just bought some Rasasi La Yuqawam, listed on hukd for £57 plus delivery.
I know it's more of a winter fragrance, but I love my parfums for their staying power and this I've being highly regarded I thought why not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right just bought some Rasasi Ya Yuqawam, listed on hukd for £57 plus delivery.
I know it's more of a winter fragrance, but I love my parfums for their staying power and this I've being highly regarded I thought why not.
Sounds good. It’ll be good to hear your first impressions.

I’ve just purchased a bottle of Tobacco Vanille to add to my collection :) and gave away a few perfumes to family and friends to make room for new additions !

Soldato
Little update.

got tobacco Vanille in the post yesterday. Very very nice, smells borderline edible. (I’ll be saving this one for autumn/winter only)

I also managed to snag a couple of Bond no.9 frags recently for a good price too. The two I got were

Bondno9.com, and The scent of peace for him.

the first Bottle (bondno.9.com)is basically a fruity batch Aventus, and the second (SoPFH) is unique. (Can’t really describe that scent :p ) edit, some people say it smells similar to Aventus, but it doesn’t imo, at all. Edit2. Honestly.. it reminds me of fresh laundry, if that makes sense

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Been using number 9 exclusively for some time now as it's so nice but this week decided to try number 10 with a new order and gotta say it's also very nice. Much more potent than 9 with a vintage summer fragrance. It's warm on all counts and I like it just as much as 9.

E4HqtMl.jpg

hux

hux

Soldato
Certainly a good scent to get the ladies noticing, love my No10 for sure.

Tried my La Yuqawam, very strong and smells of tuscan leather and sweet raspberry one for those cold nights.

Trying some Ysl 'Y' Edp, very powdery and floral, smells effeminate so some might not like it.
I'll throw some on tomorrow and see what the girls at work think of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have Y edp. People really dig it. A compliment magnet. I’ve not met anyone who didn’t like it (if they caught a whiff of it)

Honestly, it gives me a headache after a few hours. Still a great all rounder though !

edit. Weirdly it comes across as almost aquatic to me.

hux

hux

Soldato
From a 2m distance I hope ;)

Would be slapped with a restraining order I'd imagine ;)

I have Y edp. People really dig it. A compliment magnet. I’ve not met anyone who didn’t like it (if they caught a whiff of it)

Honestly, it gives me a headache after a few hours. Still a great all rounder though !

edit. Weirdly it comes across as almost aquatic to me.

Well I don't have the best nose in the world. I was going to buy Sauvage, but many class this as an upgrade.

But I still really dig Mont Blanc Explorer, great complexity just badly needs better projection and longevity.

Tempted to buy Jpg Ultra Male or similar, I'm not mad on designer frags but a friend at work seems to really dig my Aldi clone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom