Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Oh yes. I’d pick Y edp over Sauvage any day. It’s way less common, and more unique.

MB explorer suffers major longevity and projection issues to say it’s an edp. Which is a shame because it smells amazing when you get a waft of it through the air. The two bond no.9’s I recently got have a similar vibe to Aventus/explorer. Good longevity too. Slightly on the expensive side though.

I had ultra male last year, and while it smells fantastic, again, longevity was an issue for me :( ymmv though. The pear note is soo good in it.

Soldato
Got some samples in the post today !

Initio oud for Greatness
PdM Pegasus
PdM Oajan

have only tried oud for greatness.. and it’s, erm, different. I read a lot of comparisons to BR540..but I don’t see it (or smell it) completely different fragrances ! The oud in this doesn’t smell funky, just woody and ever so slightly medicinal. I wouldn’t say it’s a safe blind buy. But it’s a rather easy wear. I doubt I’ll be picking it up as I don’t think it’s worth the £

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've tried Pegasus, it wasn't bad, not one I'd wear though. Oajan is quite nice, again I wouldn't wear it, and its the wrong time of year for it! :)

Layton and Percival is where its at.

Soldato
I've tried Pegasus, it wasn't bad, not one I'd wear though. Oajan is quite nice, again I wouldn't wear it, and its the wrong time of year for it! :)

Layton and Percival is where its at.
Just giving Pegasus a go now. Sort of reminds me of Amouage Reflection man. Smells rather designer-y though. Hm. Not worth £160 a bottle :p

I don’t get that seasons thing with fragrances. I wear most of my collection all year round :p admittedly, if it’s potent I’ll only use one spray. (With the exception of nasomatto Pardon, that is fall/winter only)

Associate
I decided to treat myself to a couple of new fragrances to compliment my existing bottle of Sauvage. I've not opened them yet, so will have a smell later this evening.

Soldato
Nice, thats some powerful stuff. Bit too much for me, I prefer the slightly more wearable L'Air du Desert Marocain.
I wanted a bottle of Tauer, but couldn’t find an online retailer that would ship to me. :( glad it’s powerful though. A lot of stuff these days feel very ... watered down.

Soldato
I’ve heard milestone is a great cheap version of creed MI.

i think my next pickup may be Xerjoff Naxos ! If I eventually find it in stock anywhere :p

Soldato
African leather came today. :D think this could be my favourite scent that I actually own ! Incredible. Edit. I don’t get much leather..this is a cardamom bomb though. Loads of spices. And it’s rather potent ! I feel two sprays is almost overkill lol.

RzcCo3vl.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom