1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicehash Thread

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kakarott, 12 Feb 2021.

1. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

Free withdrawals to coinbase are still disabled, all other methods are working for me.

2. Jerry64

Wise Guy

Mines about the same as yours so not turning off

3. Joxeon

Soldato

At what point is it worth considering selling the cards as the price on those is still high right now?

4. Jono8

Caporegime

Im considering it this week. Prices given by a certain well known trade in place are insane.

If Bitcoin tanks another 50% and enters a bear market of suppressed prices for a while, profitability is going to be next to nothing.

5. Joxeon

Soldato

Even if price stay the same we have EIP1559 coming in July which should cut profits by another 30%.

6. Jono8

Caporegime

Yeh, that too. Just feels like there might not be much legs left in this.

Last edited: 22 May 2021
  7. MCFC_ANDY

Hitman

we will probs start to see a drip of cards on auction sites, you you were to sell up now is the time as later on they will start to fall, prices are still insane

8. kakarott

Hitman

Are we at an all time low?

9. Th0nt

Capodecina

Are you serious?

10. Jerry64

Wise Guy

These Noobs :p

11. Robi_uk

Hitman

If you look at actual mBTC/Day its actually is not bad, similar to what I was getting few weeks back. Issue being BTC price going down your "earnings" in £ seems a lot lower.

If you bought a gpu for mining based on recent high pay outs and cannot afford to hold onto BTC as you need to pay bills etc then you shouldnt be buying expensive gpus, in which case cash out your GPU while prices are high. Otherwise you can gamble and hold in the hope that we will get another boom sometime in the future. Obviously we do not know if it will go up soon or maybe it will be again in a couple of years or maybe never! Regardless BTC price is still probably higher then the ATH from the last boom.

12. pc-guy

Mobster

If people ever bother to investigate block rewards you will see currently the eth block rewards are sitting between 2eth to 3eth. EIP1559 earning is effectively base 2eth with some mining tips probably capped at 3eth. So very similar to the current rate.

you £/$ profitability is lower because crypto market tanked 40% this week.

the real killer for eth mining is the difficulty bomb in Dec and merging into POS ie eth2.0

13. Th0nt

Capodecina

Yes, I also think the EIP is phasing in the reward drop so it isnt instant. If people also zoomed out the charts it is clear to see the profitability is waaaay better than say November, which is when I thought it was finally good to mine.

14. Joxeon

Soldato

Would it be better though to sell a GPU say a 3080 now for £1800 while the prices are high and dump the cash into a chia setup or stick it in say ETH rather than selling for what could be less than £800 in 6 months time when in those 6 months @ £4 a day you're only looking at just over £700 earnings at current prices and differculty?.

15. speeduk

Sgarrista

Thats something only you can decide really....

16. speeduk

Sgarrista

And chia is stupidly expensive to get into right now unless you plan to do pools

17. Safetytrousers

Wise Guy

Chia is a lottery gamble, and you need high end datacentre NVMEs to do it well, otherwise you will chew through drives.
    Conventional mining is a known quantity.

18. john_smith

Gangster

The amount of BTC i'm being paid in does change. I'm a 3090 @ 121 on 24/7

Looking at my daily BTC payments:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see some days previously are nearly double (12th may) what I was paid yesterday.

19. Robi_uk

Hitman

20. Robi_uk

Hitman

That NH pay changes based on the demand/bidding for hashrate, that will obviously change depending on ow well the prices are, once you hit the lowest it should stay the same(I think, unless demand completely falls off).
    If you were to mine direct you would have the same earnings in terms of the ETH pay out you get directly linked with you hash rate., barring the usual.