Nimrod MR2 and VC-10s at Bruntingthorpe

Soldato
Associate
Did the guy doing the tour of the Nimrod in that video make a booboo at 01:10. He says the plane has been supporting forces in Kuwait, Iran and Afghanistan?!

To be fair, he's never really seen a Nimrod before and was sort of making it up as he went along based on snippets of information he's picked up over the years. I'm the only one there with any actual experience of the jet, but I wasn't going to blow my own trumpet or risk being interviewed on TV...

Phil's a great chap and has picked up everyhting very quickly, it just wasn't ideal having the reporter there when we're starting her up for the first time and I'm trying to both remember and teach stuff I haven't done since August last year...:D

Associate
OP
Gates open at 10am and both the jets doing the fast taxis and the static jets will be accessable but likely to have people around them so photography can be tricky.

The fast taxi runs won't run to a schedule, they never do! The order will change, as will the times. Most jets take a bit of preparation to get going so you won't miss anything even if you don't know the timetable.

Associate
Do you think they will try and run the jets before 12:00? I only ask because I'm a good 2 1/2 hours away and don't really want to rush up for 10:00 to find nothing's happening until the afternoon! Although I wouldn't mind a walk around the museum first :)

Great photos also thanks Gord.

Associate
OP
The Nimrod will NOT take part in the fast taxi runs. It is still an RAF asset and has not been officially transferred to the museum. It will be there as a static display and the other fast taxi runs are still planned to go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom