Ninja Gaiden ruined RR6

Soldato
OP
Yeh been tring those and the Dragon Sword - really loving this game now though :D

Also I have an older save from waaaaay back I might try and get back here with more health if this goes **** up.

Soldato
Psymonkee said:
Yeh been tring those and the Dragon Sword - really loving this game now though :D

Also I have an older save from waaaaay back I might try and get back here with more health if this goes **** up.

i had to do that during my 1st play through :)

have you got any of the what'da'ya'call'ems - the scrolls of rebirth or something? so when your health depleats it refills?

/edit

It is a great game though, i got to around chapter 12 on Very Hard i think before my xbox screwed and the save corrupted, wanted to unlock master ninja mode. Not got the time to go all through it right now though :(

Let it be remembered i completed it before Mr Pitch...granted i had it 3/4months before release as i imported it, regardless of that i was first.

Soldato
na dont start again, your over 3rd of the way through in terms of chapters, tehres 16.

Murai is argueably one of the hardest bosses is the game, and you can get other talismans by finding them or buying them. I always bought loads of health from the little shops dotted about.

You can just restart chapters if your that low on health.

Soldato
Psymonkee said:
Speaking of which - any advice for the zombie guys?

TThey sometimes give me a lot of bother - especially the archers :(

Sure, with the zombies always go for the archers first! there the only ones who are a pain!.

The other thing is, just jump into the zombies and start going mad on em, as soon as they start to swing there weapon, move away and then go back.

a lot of roll/jump attacks are good too.

I use the Flails things, i used to have this well good combo that seemed to go on for ever and kill em with one attempt, its been a while since i played, but it was something like XXXXXXX untill the last swipe before you'd normally stop you whack YY a few times, then X a few times again.

But basically, just dodge there swins and go mad at em :) if you feel your getting overwhelemed or they getting to close, use some nin-po as your invincible while performing it

Associate
You can also 'charge up' your weapon by holding down Y ?, whilst standing just out of reach of the zombies, and then when it glows release it. (Make sure you have killed all the archers first.)

Man of Honour
Psymonkee said:
OK - big help time now :(

Chapter 6 Boss (Skeletal Dragon thingy)

I can see what to do but I have a few problems in terms of health/potions/ninpo.

I have none :(

I had a severe problem with the zombies and have suffered rather badly. From the save point after the 2 archer zombies (this was the biggest problem actually...) I have extremely low health. Jump up and kill a few bats to get my health at about 2/3rds full.

Get to boss - die pretty quickly as I'm not quite good enough at spotting attacks yet...

What next?

McDan has pretty much nailed it, but I'll give you a bit more specific help.

As I say for everything in this game, the key to winning is first knowing how to avoid being hurt. If you can do that, it's only a matter of time before you win. So, you need to know what attacks the Bone Dragon does so you can avoid them. He has the following attacks...

1) Tail swipe. He'll do this as he changes position (as long as his arse is near you), and sometimes he'll do it backwards and forwards as a proper attack. It's simple to avoid, just jump upwards at the correct moment and you'll miss it easily.

2) Bite. Again, nice and easy to avoid when you see it coming. He'll rear his head back slightly, so when you see this happening, jump/roll to the side of the screen as quick as you can, as he always bites for the middle of the screen.

3) Throwing bone at you. Hold block and roll around, you'll take very little damage.

4) Foot stomp/swipe. He'll do these when you're up close attacking his feet. Simply get out of the way when his foot leaves the floor.

So, now you know how to avoid his attacks, it's time to set about hurting him. Obviously you know it's his feet you have to hurt. Some people have said the flails are the best for this, but I disagree, I pick the Dragon Sword for pretty much every occassion for it's combination of speed and power. Get in close and simply hack away at his feet with every combo you can think of, while keeping a close eye on his feet and be ready to move when you need to.

If you master these tactics you can take him out without losing any health, on any difficulty level (though if you're playing on NGB, harder difficulty levels add normal fiend enemies to fight while you're taking on the dragon).

Psymonkee said:
Speaking of which - any advice for the zombie guys?

TThey sometimes give me a lot of bother - especially the archers

These guys can be a pain at times, but with practise you'll have them easily. The secret I find, especially when fighting them in groups, is to take out the archers first. A couple of quick combos from the Dragon Sword will stumble them, they'll fire once more (so block it), then one final combo will kill them. They'll usually drop blue essence so either heal with it or use it for an Ultimate Attack on someone else.

To make life easier on the normal zombies, use the Flying Swallow attack (jump towards+Y) to take off their heads. It doesn't work every time, so keep trying until it's gone. With their heads gone they obviously can't see you so just roam around swinging randomly. In that situation you can take them out easier, and use the essence they drop for Ultimate Attacks (one fully charged Ultimate Attack will kill one zombie). Easy :)

Soldato
OP
Ok new problem....

Bone Dragon thing - dead
Alma - Semi-History
Chapter 8 - finito
Ch.9 Tanks(!) - dead but not without a struggle...
Helicopter - kicking whats left of my no elixir ass :(

I can get it down to about 1/3rd ish health but then it's yet anoter rocket barrage and death :(

Tips? Suggestions?

Soldato
Psymonkee said:
Ok new problem....

Bone Dragon thing - dead
Alma - Semi-History
Chapter 8 - finito

I can get it down to about 1/3rd ish health but then it's yet anoter rocket barrage and death :(

Tips? Suggestions?

aye the helicopter is a pain in the recton, you've gotta really learn how to dodge the rockets and be able to get out quick shots with the bow.

The best bet is to find a pattern in the choppers flight...like when it doesnt fire, when it does.

Then learn how to dodge the barrage effectively, i cant remember my exactly strategey by from the first rocket i think the rest go to the right of it, so after the first one i roll jump left untill no more, then take a quick shot with the bow.

Also practice firing the bow quick so when you have that 5 seconds you can get enough shots out.

This was amazingly hard on Very Hard mode, again..i almost ate my controller to stop myself screaming lol

Permabanned
just had a go at this and really not enjoying it, camera is a nightmare, im not very good at it at all (struggling with the ninja's in the very frst chapter on normal) controls dont seem at all fluid (when attacking your trapped doing it so get battered if theres more than one enemy.) platforming is dead frustrating (camera again) all the combat feels like button mashery. And worst of all the game itself is devil may cry's hud, options, puzzles, items meets onimushas maps with prince of persia's moves?

Im sure im missing something somewhere but not overly impressed tbh, ill get some sleep and give it another go later i spose.

Man of Honour
Psymonkee said:
Ok new problem....

Bone Dragon thing - dead
Alma - Semi-History
Chapter 8 - finito

Tips? Suggestions?

My advice would be to redo the Tanks if they took a few elixirs off you. They can be done losing minimal health if you know how to take them on properly (and if you use a slight cheat, they can be done losing pretty much no health whatsoever).

However, when facing the helicopter you need 2 things - good timing, and a good aim with the bow. The timing is needed for dodging the missiles. It's not about rolling and jumping like a madman hoping they don't hit you, it's about waiting till they're close to you and timing your leap out of the way perfectly. By doing this you won't get shot very much.

The good aim is obvious, as the quicker you take it down, the less health you need. You really need to pick your shots against it, when it's not shooting at you with either the missiles or the gun. You can do this when it's in mid-air at times, but the easiest way I'm sure you've spotted is when it goes under the bridge and comes up again. When it does this, instantly get ready and aiming opposite the side it went under. You should be using the Core arrows here, and you'll get 3 of them off before it launches missiles at you (this is also the only time I suggest jumping and rolling quickly, the helicopter is too close for you to react and move succesfully every time).

As always patience is the key, take your time and keep yourself safe from harm, and it'll go down eventually.

Man of Honour
Ultra_Extreme said:
platforming is dead frustrating (camera again) all the combat feels like button mashery.

It can feel like that when you first play it, but I guarantee you it's not. In the hands of an expert Rye becomes a perfectly platforming, combo performing death dealing ninja of perfect precision :)

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
It can feel like that when you first play it, but I guarantee you it's not. In the hands of an expert Rye becomes a perfectly platforming, combo performing death dealing ninja of perfect precision :)

tsk tsk

Ryu

Back
Top Bottom