Nintendo 3DS Thread

Soldato
OP
omega ruby/alpha sapphire is pretty good, probably my favorite out of all the 3ds pokemon games. its basically the remake of the gba ones. ultra sun/moon is good too, much more story driven than the other games. x/y is decent, it has some likeable characters, but it is really easy.

Hmm. I might try Ultra Sun and Moon then as I like story games. Thanks for the reply.

Associate
Hmm bit of a thread revival but here goes...

I quite fancy playing through some of the more recent Pokémon games and I'm looking at picking up a second hand 3DS. I have an original DS somewhere which I'll try and find, which I played heart gold on but since some of the games are 3DS only I figured why not get an upgrade.

Am I better off with the new XL or just normal new 3DS? Or even 2DS? Too many versions!

Soldato
OP

I quite fancy playing through some of the more recent Pokémon games and I'm looking at picking up a second hand 3DS. I have an original DS somewhere which I'll try and find, which I played heart gold on but since some of the games are 3DS only I figured why not get an upgrade.

Am I better off with the new XL or just normal new 3DS? Or even 2DS? Too many versions!

I went with the 2DS because a) it was cheaper b) I wasn't that bothered about the 3D effect in games and c) it could still play DS games as well and all 3DS games which make it a pretty good deal.

Man of Honour

The more recent games are pretty poor compared to the earlier ones.

Associate
I went with the 2DS because a) it was cheaper b) I wasn't that bothered about the 3D effect in games and c) it could still play DS games as well and all 3DS games which make it a pretty good deal.

Oh nice to know! Didn't realise it was equal with the 3DS, think it was the solid slate design which made me think it was a cheap and cheerful version but the new one does look a lot better.

The more recent games are pretty poor compared to the earlier ones.

Ah really? That's a shame. Had it in my head I was going to work my way up from the remakes of gen 1. Never played the third gen though so I'll probably still give that a go. That'll keep me busy for a while and I'll see what the consensus is on what's worth playing after that.

Associate
Anyone know any places to get second hand games? Only had a quick look through eBay and a lot of them seem to be obvious fakes.

(assuming this is ok to talk about on here but if not then sorry mods, let me know and I'll delete it)

Soldato
Anyone know any places to get second hand games? Only had a quick look through eBay and a lot of them seem to be obvious fakes.

(assuming this is ok to talk about on here but if not then sorry mods, let me know and I'll delete it)

CEX would be the best bet I'd say. I imagine they aim to not trade in fakes, and if you buy something and find out after that it's a dud, you would be able to return it most likely

Associate
CEX would be the best bet I'd say. I imagine they aim to not trade in fakes, and if you buy something and find out after that it's a dud, you would be able to return it most likely

Ah good idea, forgot about going to physical stores! I'll drop in to the one near me and see what's available. Having looked further on eBay I'm surprised at how much some of the older games are still getting. Black and white and diamond and pearl for example tend to be way more expensive than I thought they would be.

Soldato
Ah good idea, forgot about going to physical stores! I'll drop in to the one near me and see what's available. Having looked further on eBay I'm surprised at how much some of the older games are still getting. Black and white and diamond and pearl for example tend to be way more expensive than I thought they would be.

Best thing with CEX is you can check prices and stick at your local store in the website. Just go to the DS Game section for example and filter results for your local store :)

Soldato
Been playing my 2ds (new one) on the commute a fair bit recently, really recommend Zelda link between worlds. The puzzles are fun and usually infuriating, with a good story and I imagine the 3d would have made it a little easier.

Currently trying to do phantom hour glass and just powered past where I got up to the first time (3rd go through the temple with all the maps)

Soldato
OP
I left my 3DS at my parent's house and now I have a real urge to play it. Luckily they live reasonably close so I might go pick it up. I'll be playing Animal Crossing on it for a bit of fun while I am working.

Soldato
I picked up an New 2DS a few months ago, went to continue with Pokemon Omega Red and transfer my team over to the Switch. The game no longer works in the console :(

Back
Top Bottom