Nintendo DS redesign uncovered!

Soldato
ds-comparison.jpg

Wow, a big difference in size...think I should get it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sagalout said:
I'm probably the only person that loves the retro styling of the original! New one looks nice but I wont be changing.

I used to have one of those flip open donkey kongs and believe me they were more the size and weight of the original DS!

your not alone, I agree 100%

Soldato
The weight will help a lot for games like metroid prime hunters where in the demo my wrist began to ache after any length in time as the device was pretty heavy.

The fact its lighter and has a better screen is a big bonus in my eyes. I dont know if ill rush to get one but I'd def think about it.

Associate
It's a much nicer design, but personally I can't see the benifit in upgrading to the new design. GBA to GBA-SP I could understand, that was a major redesign with a clamshell and backlight.

Personally, I haven't touched my DS for months. There haven't really been any games that have kept my attention.

Soldato
I have a Jap white DS at the moment with a Supercard and will only buy the new DS if supercard is compatible cos i love moonshell and other homebrews too much :)

Soldato
Spike_UK said:
It's a much nicer design, but personally I can't see the benifit in upgrading to the new design. GBA to GBA-SP I could understand, that was a major redesign with a clamshell and backlight.

Personally, I haven't touched my DS for months. There haven't really been any games that have kept my attention.

its a shame u aint touched it... if u decide to pick it up again buy Advance wars DS and Castlevania. great games :)

Man of Honour
Hedge said:
its a shame u aint touched it... if u decide to pick it up again buy Advance wars DS and Castlevania. great games :)

And coming soon:

Metroid
Animal crossing
Mario and luigi
Super monkey ball
final fantasy 4

You'd have to be mentally handicapped to claim there are no games you fancy either out now or soon.

Soldato
Whoop said:
Anyone know where the power button is now...?

Whoop
I guess its on the side, be a proper switch.

For the best too my gf switched her one off whilst playing animal crossing the other day and almost had a heart attack.

Ace

Ace

Associate
Bonjour said:
I've still got a few of the game watches. Got a boxed 'Squish', a Mario Bros. and a Donkey Kong Jr.

They're worth a bit of dough nowadays apparently.

Want to sell them? :D

XPE

XPE

Soldato
kreeeee said:
And coming soon:

Metroid
Animal crossing
Mario and luigi
Super monkey ball
final fantasy 4

You'd have to be mentally handicapped to claim there are no games you fancy either out now or soon.

dont forget about New super mario bros and Redisdent evil Ds ;)

Associate
Looks good, looks like it will be truly portable now, the current DS is jsut a little too chunky to go in my pockets.

Any chance that someone can link the pics, aslong as they arent linked to 1UP as the ICT dept here decided to block it, no idea why ;)

Just recieved Nanostray and Viewtiful joe from canada, must say im very impressed with both titles.

Back
Top Bottom