Nintendo Press Conference - About 19.15 This Evening

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Sweetloaf said:
1) Zelda will be easy enough for everyone to finish!....sorry but I don't want that, I want a challenge, Wind Waker was far too easy IMO and to bring the difficulty down even further would be ridiculous.

he was talking about it being easy enough for people to finish it on the E3 floor, not the full game

Sweetloaf said:
2) The guy playing Zelda with the Wii remote semed to struggle, although I mentioned my aprehension about the games difficulty level in point one, I don't want it to be difficult due to that controller.

Most likely trying not to screw up in front of the 1000's of people watching. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sweetloaf said:
3) There will be two different versions of Zelda. Nintendo have played on the whole compatability with older games thing for a while, why not release one version with added features for Wii. If I want to get everything out of the game do I get the Gamecube version or buy a Wii on day one? If I buy a Wii on day one do I have the option of a different control method in case I don't get along with the remote?
For the price that the disks will cost, i wouldnt be surpised to see TP being released as a dual pack. With both a WII & a GC disk in it.

Soldato
Nzyme said:
ive just thought where is pikmin ?

surely out of all the nintendo games taht is the most obvious one to be played with the new controller think of the possibilities

It'll come, I'm sure. They'll eek out all the franchises over the next couple of years.

Soldato
Nzyme said:
ive just thought where is pikmin ?

surely out of all the nintendo games taht is the most obvious one to be played with the new controller think of the possibilities
Thats a very good point that.

Most of the games thus far ive had to think how the controller could be used in it, but in Pikmin, ive had 3 ideas off the bat. (control of Olimar & Loui by pointing, throwing of pikmin by using the Wii-mote, 'drawing' a line around the pikmin you want with you rarther than the normal 'round bubble' thing.

Soldato
Right this is how i see it;

You can think of these 3 "next/new generation" consoles as women.

Your on a night out, first off you've got the brunette doing the mickey mouse degree who trys to pull you thats your xbox 360 for the punters who just can't wait and dont have any patience. They like their eye candy but like a bit of functionality at the same time.

Next you've got the blonde who works in sainsburys who aint going any where but you couldn't possibly say no to that bottom ;) Thats your PS3 for the guys that don't care what it does aslong as it looks the best.

Last but not least you've got the giner bird you get talking to at the bar. Shes a doctor and not a bad looking girl but nothing on the other 2. This ones for the peeps that want that something extra. They dont mind what it looks like as long as it provides what they need and any extras are a bonus. THis is your Wii. It may not be the best looking at the lot but it gives you what its all about in the case of games it gives you fun, and playability it gives you an escape from the real world.

We may not all like whats best for us, like vegetables nobody likes them but they are good for us, but tbh nintendo will always be the top dog because they are the innovators, the engineers of the console world, Microsoft and Sony are just technicians trying to fix whatever has already been done. That is why if you love gaming its gotta be the Wii.

Anyway jsut a little ramble don't mean to offend any women or vegetarians, might also be a bit drunk :p

Wii Wiiii Wiiiiii Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !

XPE

XPE

Soldato
jklc said:
Nice find. I noticed its in widescreen format too.. I hope they make it optional in all games :)

i think all games will be widescreen with 480p

but done quote me on that ;)

Man of Honour
The zapper looks awesome xD

Did anyone else get exclusively excited when watchign the video of the girl playing Mario Galaxy especially when Mario started jumping around with his trademark wibbling and wobbling and the "WHa!" when he jumps and the puffy smoke clouds when he runs and when he spins around ?

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Moonpie2 said:
Seen the Super Smash Brother vid on IGN ?

OMFGLOLZORS !!1!11! EleVEnteeN!!12""!!"ROFLCOPTER etc etc...
:p

I reyt hope that's ingame !!!

I bet it's not too far off. IIRC, the SSBM cutscenes were all very similar to ingame graphics.

Soldato
As well as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo also confirmed that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be a launch title when Nintendo Wii releases, which is looking likely to be some time in the first four months of 2007. It's definitely a good time to be a Nintendo fan.

Taken from GAME :( i don't know if i can wait nearly a year :( :(

XPE

XPE

Soldato
daz said:
Wii is unlikely to launch in Europe this side of Christmas probably, same as PS3 IMO.

i think we have more chance of getting the wii than we have of gettting the ps3 for x-mas. (and thats fine with me ;) )

Back
Top Bottom