*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Same here. Played it a bit around friends houses but never had a 64 myself.

Not gonna lie though, these games don't usually hold up that well without the nostalgia factor.
I think Sunshine looks really nice. Not sure how I'll feel with 64 being 4:3. We'll see i guess.

Amazing direct mini today. MHR looks like the real deal and the shadowdrops of Hades and Ori 2 were a nice surprise.

Soldato
Nice little mini direct today. Ori is a bit of a surprise given the Microsoft connection. I'll support that game all I can, lovely title, and music by a guy I've worked with before called Gareth Coker. Talented guy.

M3D-AS should be here tomorrow from ShopTo.

Soldato
Thats my copy of Mario 3D all-stars shipped for delivery today.

Woohoo. I still remember the first time ever I played Mario 64. It was at a video game and computer expo thing called Live 96 in London at Earls Court There was a Nintendo lorry with a number of N64s on it. You had to queue and remember me and friends waited 30+ mins to get a 10 min go on Mario and also Pilotwings I think. After our shot we pretended to move on and stuck around for another go as the games to us were incredible at the time.

Soldato
When I finally complete DK:TF I think I'm going to pick up the first Ori game.

I played a few hours of Hollow Knight on a mates Xbox, and while I enjoyed it, it was all very dark.

Everything I have read says that Ori is a more relaxing experience.

fez

fez

Caporegime
When I finally complete DK:TF I think I'm going to pick up the first Ori game.

Just been playing through DKTF again for the second time and its such a good game. Soundtrack is sublime, level design is utterly brilliant and the progression of the levels is perfect. With no feeling of pressure to complete the game after doing it once its such a nice experience.

I played a few hours of Hollow Knight on a mates Xbox, and while I enjoyed it, it was all very dark.

Everything I have read says that Ori is a more relaxing experience.

Hollow Knight varies between quite eerie and quiet, beautiful and grand and "dear god I am going to die in the depths of hollownest alone and scared". One of my favourite games ever. Potentially number one.

Need to get started on Ori.

Mario 3D collection has just arrived and I'm surprised they didn't include some sort of booklet inside the case. Would have been a nice touch.

Soldato
Just been playing through DKTF again for the second time and its such a good game. Soundtrack is sublime, level design is utterly brilliant and the progression of the levels is perfect. With no feeling of pressure to complete the game after doing it once its such a nice experience.

I'm really struggling with some of the levels but it's such a good challenge. Trying to collect all puzzle pieces and KONG before I move on to the next levels

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm really struggling with some of the levels but it's such a good challenge. Trying to collect all puzzle pieces and KONG before I move on to the next levels

Yeah, thats quite hard to get all the puzzle pieces without using a guide. Some of them are quite well hidden and you will die A LOT if you are trying to figure out where they are on your own.

KONG is generally quite easy apart from a few levels.

Soldato
Played a few courses of Mario 64 and it's fine in 4:3 no issues. The resolution bump and new HUD are nice. Plays great. Camera still annoying. Can't wait to play more.

DKTF is one of my favourite platformers ever. It's just perfect in every way. I suck at the gold speed runs though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Played a few courses of Mario 64 and it's fine in 4:3 no issues. The resolution bump and new HUD are nice. Plays great. Camera still annoying. Can't wait to play more.

DKTF is one of my favourite platformers ever. It's just perfect in every way. I suck at the gold speed runs though.

Its a real shame that Nintendo put the square route of FA effort into the collection. When part time modders do a far better job than Nintendo you have to wonder. It always feels like Nintendo asks a really simple question with a lot of their games. "Will we make much more money by doing this properly or can we half ass it and still make 95% of the money"

Back
Top Bottom