*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
I got a couple of stars over lunchtime, like many I never played it on N64, I have played emulated versions on PC but it's never felt quite right, I look forward to completing it on the Switch.

I do hope they can fix some of the minor issues with frame pacing and maybe enable widescreen on Mario64.

Soldato
My copy arrived. Had a quick shot on all 3. Nostalgia for 64 and Sunshine is there but the inability to reverse the up/down on Sunshine is annoying.

All 3 games do look really great on the lite. Very many hours will be spent on these classic games.

Associate
Had a quick shot on all 3, loved 64 back in the day played a little of sunshine and no galaxy before.
Initial impressions are 64 is awsome for nostalgia but my god that camera is awful.
Sunshine seems good so far.
Not sure on galaxy yet.
Coming off playing countless hours of odyssey with my daughter its going to be tricky getting used to these.

Caporegime
Amazingly the camera was one of the best features of Mario 64 at the time, everything else was utter dog vomit :p

Haha, it's god awful half the game time is playing with the camera position :p

Still a classic though, taken in context it was amazing back in the day. Ill still play through it again for nostalgia :)

I haven't played Odyssey yet so ill go 64 -> Sunshine (didn't play on the GC) -> Galaxy (didn't play on the Wii?) -> Odyssey.

Man of Honour
I do think they are taking the pee with releasing these games at such a premium price.

Mario 64 was ground breaking but is massively outdated now IMO.

You should get all existing Mario games pre-wii U for that price IMO, especially if this is a ‘celebration’.

No galaxy 2... shameful.

Associate
Having been so excited for the set, I’ve played 64 & Sunshine and the controls are that bad that I don’t want to play it anymore.

Bitterly disappointing.

Soldato
Had a quick shot on all 3, loved 64 back in the day played a little of sunshine and no galaxy before.
Initial impressions are 64 is awsome for nostalgia but my god that camera is awful.
Sunshine seems good so far.
Not sure on galaxy yet.
Coming off playing countless hours of odyssey with my daughter its going to be tricky getting used to these.

If they were genuine remasters I'd be interested but I'm not parting with good cash to play emulated versions with zero improvements. Sunshine wasn't that good at the time, 64 was game-changing but it's past it and that just leaves Galaxy which is no Odyssey. Nintendo will make their dollars from the collection I'm sure but it was a pretty low effort release and warranted better.

Soldato
Disappointed with Sunshine, it's a great game but the performance is poor, it's really stuttery in places. If the Switch can run Odyssey at 60 FPS then it should be able to handle Sunshine. Presume it's down to poor emulation.

I give Nintendo a lot of leeway and know they rip me off at times but this does feel very lazy.

Caporegime
Up to 35 stars on 64 now and have to say I've been close to rage quitting a few times.

I wouldn't want to be playing it on the Joy cons that's for sure. Pro pad all the way.

Back
Top Bottom