*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
My copy arrived. Had a quick shot on all 3. Nostalgia for 64 and Sunshine is there but the inability to reverse the up/down on Sunshine is annoying.

All 3 games do look really great on the lite. Very many hours will be spent on these classic games.
I think you can set 'inverse look' In the system settings of the switch?

Soldato
Yeh they really dropped the ball on 64, if they had made it 60fps 16:9 and sorted the camera I would have been delighted.
It's funny that as a kid the camera never bothered me that much however the games flaws are clear to see these days. I would have liked a remaster but this will do for now. Really enjoying it and going for all the stars!

Associate
Same as everyone else, Mario 64 is bringing back some great memory but wow the camera is bad haha. I only got it up yesterday so looking forward to getting into the others, I think i'll play through in order.

Soldato
Ah not much interest in Sunshine or Galaxy. Mario 64 and then selling it. I didn't bother with the game cube or Wii so they maybe don't hold the same draw for me as others do. Nothing against the Gamecube, my mate had one and it had some cracking games. Nintendo lost me during the Wii and Wii U time period though.

Associate
I only ever played about an hour of Mario 64 back in the day, couldn’t get used to the camera.

Played sunshine on emulator again for about an hour and had never played Galaxy.

Again cannot get into Mario 64, although Sunshine and Galaxy are fantastic.

Soldato
I think it's the same with FFVII, my fave game ever but I can totally see why people play it in modern times and cant understand the fuss.

Yeah, it's probably mine as well. Traded a Saturn and around 20 games for a playstation and FFVII.

Yeah, I think unless you played Mario 64 at the time you probably wont appreciate it.

It was a huge feat in gaming at the time and really changed platform games forever. Spawned heaps of other bad 3D platformers on other consoles.

Back
Top Bottom