*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I can’t see it myself, they have been pretty much sold out since release. The revised SOC only fixed a hardware bug and stopped people rooting the device, it also added a few hours battery life.

There are so many of these things out there now, potentially forking the ecosystem would probably do more harm than good at this point.

I’d expect any new model will come as a switch 2 rather than as a mid cycle spec bump. But there isn’t any significant rumours that haven’t been around since day one of release.

Soldato
The revised SOC only fixed a hardware bug and stopped people rooting the device

This fix lasted less than a year :p Nintendo really aren't great at securing their devices. Xbox One has been out for 7 years and is still secure. All three Switch revisions were blown wide open in around a year from launch :eek:

Soldato
This fix lasted less than a year :p Nintendo really aren't great at securing their devices. Xbox One has been out for 7 years and is still secure. All three Switch revisions were blown wide open in around a year from launch :eek:

I wasn’t aware of that, I’m well out of the home brew scene.

Soldato
As much as I loved the Lite and got it because I never played the regular Swotch docked.

I'm having to give in and sell the Lite to go back to a normal Switch for TV play.

My eyesight has gotten terrible of late (retinopathy from diabetes) and I can barely read some text on the screen. So need to play on a much bigger screen. Seen a few recently on FB market local to me going for about £220-240 they've been the rev2 models as well.

fez

fez

Caporegime

Thats because Nintendo are not a company that anyone who wants to be anywhere near the cutting edge of anything would work. The console has been out for 3 years and the OS has had almost 0 changes to it. Their online service is a good 10 years behind all the other consoles.

Nintendo are great at innovating from a conceptual point of view but when it comes to hardware and software they are dull as hell.

Soldato
I don’t think many will disagree with you there. The console may be dull from a technological point of view but the quality of the first party games on it are exceptional and there is no getting away from that.

Associate
Whilst I agree with everyone here that there won't be a spec bump any time soon, I'm sure I did see an article saying that developers have been asked to include 'high performance' graphical settings in any new games going forward. Something along those lines anyway. From what I remember the general feeling was a docked only / traditional home console version of the Switch might be on the distant horizon, which would be beefed up a little. Who knows what Nintendo are planning though, they're pretty quiet about these things.

Soldato
Whilst I agree with everyone here that there won't be a spec bump any time soon, I'm sure I did see an article saying that developers have been asked to include 'high performance' graphical settings in any new games going forward. Something along those lines anyway. From what I remember the general feeling was a docked only / traditional home console version of the Switch might be on the distant horizon, which would be beefed up a little. Who knows what Nintendo are planning though, they're pretty quiet about these things.

Yep, they have been told to make their games able to upscale to 4K.

Soldato
Had my Switch for almost a year now and have to say it's probably my favorite Nintendo console. I've owned them all over the years, apart from the WII U. Last night was a perfect example of why I love it. Had a hilarious Super Smash Bros session with the wife and 2 kids on the big TV, then went to bed and played Diablo 3 on handheld/headphones until I fell asleep :)

My PC, on the other hand, I spend most of the time waiting for FS 2020 to load or troubleshooting crashes. Just can't be bothered with the hassle at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom