*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Just can’t see how some extra ram and bit of a clock boost would have been so hard, would have helped lock a few titles to 30 that are struggling. :mad::rolleyes:
The worst part is the new Dev kit switch comes with 8gb of ram but only 4gb for the retail units where as the original switch came with 6gb for the Dev kits so they've clearly upped it for some reason

Soldato
The worst part is the new Dev kit switch comes with 8gb of ram but only 4gb for the retail units where as the original switch came with 6gb for the Dev kits so they've clearly upped it for some reason
Because the devs asked for more RAM. They need it for debugging and testing. A lot more memory is needed for that sort of thing. Nintendo have been good and listened to developers. Changed the dev kit when they asked for it.

Soldato
Presumably do i have to wait to transfer all my save games from old to new switch before i can sell my switch?
Is there anyway to back up to SD for example?
How much could I expect to sell the standard switch 2nd hand?

fez

fez

Caporegime
And yet it is a runaway success, so those omissions clearly weren’t worth the cost.

I still want folders though.

You could strip away a hell of a lot of stuff on every games console without it affecting sales. Doesn't mean it shouldn't have it. Folders, decent friends system, non **** wifi, better store, joycons that don't drift, proper online system. None of this has stopped the Switch selling like hot cakes. That doesn't mean these choices or lack of action is the right decision. Certainly not for consumers which are the people they should care about.

Man of Honour
You could strip away a hell of a lot of stuff on every games console without it affecting sales. Doesn't mean it shouldn't have it. Folders, decent friends system, non **** wifi, better store, joycons that don't drift, proper online system. None of this has stopped the Switch selling like hot cakes. That doesn't mean these choices or lack of action is the right decision. Certainly not for consumers which are the people they should care about.

They won’t implement anything that won’t have a direct or indirect benefit to long term profits.

They’re a business, not a charity, so why should they care about the consumer beyond long term financial growth?

Soldato
They also tend to live in a Japanese bubble and have never really cared about what Europe and the USA wants.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, it’s that simple.

Soldato
I'd imagine most people use their Switch incredibly casually, lack of 'enthusiast features' was never going to be a concern to Nintendo.

I keep seeing people mention folders for example and I don't even know what it's in reference to, I have no idea what i'd expect to try and put in folders on my Switch.

As for other things, i've never had issues with the WiFi, i've never had issues with the joycons drifting, the store is functional but expensive (as most seem to be, so I rarely use it), bluetooth headphones - IIRC even the latest Xbox and PS5 don't natively support bluetooth audio, so not surprised to see Nintendo not doing it either.

I won't comment on friends system or online because I don't use mine online.

Man of Honour
I'd imagine most people use their Switch incredibly casually, lack of 'enthusiast features' was never going to be a concern to Nintendo.

I keep seeing people mention folders for example and I don't even know what it's in reference to, I have no idea what i'd expect to try and put in folders on my Switch.

As for other things, i've never had issues with the WiFi, i've never had issues with the joycons drifting, the store is functional but expensive (as most seem to be, so I rarely use it), bluetooth headphones - IIRC even the latest Xbox and PS5 don't natively support bluetooth audio, so not surprised to see Nintendo not doing it either.

I won't comment on friends system or online because I don't use mine online.

If you have friends then having a folder for local 2, 4 and more player games is really useful. I also want to be able to put completed game icons into a folder when they’re archived rather than deleting them so I can easily find and re-download them.

If you’re an antisocial gamer then I can understand not needing folders to track the 1-3 games that you’re currently playing alone.

Soldato
If you have friends then having a folder for local 2, 4 and more player games is really useful. I also want to be able to put completed game icons into a folder when they’re archived rather than deleting them so I can easily find and re-download them.

If you’re an antisocial gamer then I can understand not needing folders to track the 1-3 games that you’re currently playing alone.

Generally yes, i'm only the person that uses my Switch, I just don't do local multiplayer, my friends aren't gamers, they're not interested.

As per my original point then, the folder thing I suspect is a pretty niche requirement - I expect the majority of users treat their Switch casually and don't have vast libraries of games on it that need categorisation and management.

Soldato
Generally yes, i'm only the person that uses my Switch, I just don't do local multiplayer, my friends aren't gamers, they're not interested.

As per my original point then, the folder thing I suspect is a pretty niche requirement - I expect the majority of users treat their Switch casually and don't have vast libraries of games on it that need categorisation and management.

I am definitely in the anti-social group so I don't really care about the lack of any social functionality. I do have 200 odd games though and that all items screen is a bit of a mess it would be nice to be able to group things together like RPG's, platformers, puzzles etc.

Soldato

started to make a response but then couldnt be arsed :)

Cheers steve5424. So I should be good to sell my switch since with my nintendo multiplayer sub thing, everything is backed to cloud and I can simply sign in using my details on the new switch when I receive it and everything should "sync up" so to speak?

Back
Top Bottom