*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
120 hours put into XC2 and still going strong, can see me cracking 150 without too much sweat. I think you'd need 200+ to 100% it but there would be some serious grinding at that point.

Great game, slight shame that all of the female characters are ridiculously over-sexualised as it adds absolutely nothing other than coming across as a bit weird. That aside, it's definitely worth picking up.

Soldato
I picked up my switch on Saturday with Zelda and Mario Odyessy.

Can anyone else recommend any decent games? I was looking at XC2 but am not sure. What other games is this like as I cannot really tell from videos.

Associate
Great game, slight shame that all of the female characters are ridiculously over-sexualised as it adds absolutely nothing other than coming across as a bit weird. That aside, it's definitely worth picking up.

A large portion of them are yes, but certainly not all. Morag is one of the best characters overall imo

3OCYY429tDmXAm1ljmeS.jpg

Nia's design is fine too.

One of my favourite of the rare blades is Adenine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mT3yT3oWQ, used her as a main on Nia.
I used Agate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uw_fLXCuKk) on Rex a lot, mainly for the Launch Art reaction but decent blade all round and certainly nothing wrong with the design.
Then there's Ursula... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BS6iUUsTHc.

Other female Blades with non-sexualised designs include Vess, Herald, Kassandra, and Electra.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're right, all isn't correct. I'd just got Dahlia who is comically well-endowed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUVqK45unKI

As you said, some of the female characters are very good (Morag & Nia in particular) and there is some good banter aimed at Tora and his design of Poppi.

There are some rather unnecessary lingering angles at times, I laugh it off since I'm playing mostly handheld but if I had it on the TV it'd make my missus question what kind of game it was!

Soldato
It's basically the female blades they got a bunch of outside illustrators to design that bring the games aesthetic down for me. The rest of the game, outside of characters eyes mainly, doesn't feel that...'anime' in all honesty, just a nice, vibrant, colourful game.

I really like Nia's design but her blade design is a bit too waifu for me too.

Associate
Yeah it's cool they had different established artists from outside the company design a lot of the blades (male ones too), but I agree it does make the game feel a little inconsistent in terms of blades visual style.

The main blades (pyra, dromarch, brighid, aegaeon, roc, poppi, pandoria etc) where all designed in-house.

There was a point where I really wanted an ice blade in my party and including Dahlia on Nia would have made for a good elemental composition, but her design really put me off using her.

Soldato
RPG Seven Knights Coming to Switch

Netmarble Games announced it is developing a Nintendo Switch version of the smartphone RPG Seven Knights. The developer plans to release more titles for consoles and Steam.

Here is an overview of the game:

Join the saga of Seven Knights: an exciting RPG filled with heroics, adventure, and a diverse assortment of both friends and foes.

The land of Asgar is in need of brave warriors who can face the God of Destruction and preserve peace. It is up to you, along with Evan and Karin, to put together a band of warriors to save the land and achieve victory!

Are you playing for the first time? Or are you getting back into the game? Either way, now’s the perfect time to download and join in!

Key Features:

• Limitless 3D Battles
    • Enlist a versatile team to fight by combining hundreds of heroes in powerful combinations
    • Watch your team battle with dynamic effects and diverse skill animations
  • Strategic Play
    • Power Up, Rank Up, and Gear Up to prepare your heroes in their quest to protect Asgar
    • Customize your team’s formation and manage their skills to strategize for the upcoming battles
  • Numerous Game Modes
    • Adventure Mode: Conquer the Continents as you train your heroes!
    • Battle Mode: Duel with other players to prove your worth!
    • Celestial Tower: Push yourself to the limit as you battle levels of increasing difficulty!
    • Daily Dungeon: Gain a variety of rewards when you emerge victorious
    • Castle Rush: Fight alongside your guildmates to earn the honor of being the best guild!

Brawlout to Get Physical Release on Switch

Angry Mob Games announced over a month ago that Brawlout had sold over 50,000 units on the Nintendo Switch via the eShop in its first two weeks.

The developer has now announced it partnered Merge Games to release a physical edition of the game on the Nintendo Switch.

"We are delighted to have teamed-up with Angry Mob Games," said Luke Keighran, Managing Director at Merge Games. "Brawlout is an awesome title and partnering with Angry Mob Games has been a great experience. We believe Brawlout on the Switch will be warmly welcomed by retailers and fans alike."

Bogdan Iliesiu, CEO of Angry Mob Games added, "Brawlout had such an amazing reception on Nintendo Switch, with a dedicated community of over 80K players in its first month alone. It’s impressive, and humbling, to see people throw themselves so wholeheartedly into Brawlout and we hope to cater to even more types of gamers with the physical release!"

Brawlout is currently available on Nintendo Switch and Windows PC. It will also release later this year on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Typoman Official Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

The puzzle-platforming game is heading to the hybrid console February 22.

Crypt of the Necrodancer Official Nintendo Switch Edition Launch Trailer

The game is available now on the hybrid console.

Soldato
I picked up my switch on Saturday with Zelda and Mario Odyessy.

Can anyone else recommend any decent games? I was looking at XC2 but am not sure. What other games is this like as I cannot really tell from videos.

Mario + Rabbids, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Stardew Valley.

Personally, I'd leave XC2 until after you've completed Zelda and Mario.

Soldato
Just a personal preference. A bit of variety is always nice. MK/Splatoon/Rabbids would give a good change of pace from Mario and Zelda.

Associate
When i have the money next will be Mario odyssey and Mario kart 8 and then Zelda breath of the wild also especially splatoon 2.

Games at around about 50 quid ain't cheap so they better be worth it.

The switch has many positive reviews so i am jumping on the bandwagon so to speak.

I like the idea where it is portable though thought about connecting it to my battery bank which holds about 20,000 ma so yea apparently it has a usb to usb-c cable i think, correct me if i am wrong.

Soldato
Finished getting enough moons on mario to get the credits. Now to collect the rest (only game I have to play anyway).

Is there anyway to speed up the achievement ones? I spoke to the toad in the castle and it said I get a power moon for whatever and to look at my list, but insists on doing it one by one. Oh you done X, have a moon, click again, you done X, have a moon. Is there no way to make the game just give me all the ones I've earned at once?

Back
Top Bottom