*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
If I suspected I was about to receive a Switch as a gift, is there anything I need to get in the way of things like memory cards etc. so I don't have a 'oh I need to order' moment when setting it up?

Associate
I'm a little envious of those playing DK Tropical Freeze for the first time, it's definitely among my personal top 3 platformers ever.

Nintendo recently announced their E3 schedule, the video presentation is at 5PM(UK time) on Tuesday June 12th. There will be a big focus on Smash Bros it seems but of course other big games announced/shown, Pokemon perhaps?. Hopefully we'll find out what Retro has been working on for the past 4 years too.

xkK8zCd.jpg.png

There is also news about the online service expected very soon (sometime in May).

Soldato
If I suspected I was about to receive a Switch as a gift, is there anything I need to get in the way of things like memory cards etc. so I don't have a 'oh I need to order' moment when setting it up?
I would also recommend you get the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

You can play it fine without it but it is nice to the Pro Controller..

Associate
Wish they would update the store to have more sections or options for filters. Really hard to find anything

Yeah, you can search by genre and price but that's about it. Nintendo have acknowledged it needs improvements so it will be updated in the near future likely. I always really liked the front page on the Wii U eShop, the Switch eShop doesn't have that at all yet.

Using the website search makes it a little easier to find things https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?f=147394-5-81

Every few weeks or so I go through the 'recently released' page on the Switch eShop and add anything that looks interesting to my Watch List. This works really well for me and probably what I'll always do.

Caporegime
Beginning to feel the end of Stardew Valley after over 60 hours of gameplay. What an absolutely incredibly stunning game. have enjoyed every second of it. Now to decide whats next...I am tempted by DKTF however I don't think I want to spend €50-€60 on a game this close to E3 :)

Maybe 2nd hand copy of Mario Kart it is...

Soldato
I've built the car and fishing rod toys from the Labo kit and my daughter (7) thinks it's the best thing we've ever owned. Can thoroughly recommend it as something to do with your kids, not sure it really works as an adult-only experience but the look on my kid's face when we made a "working" fish rod was worth the money by itself :)

Back
Top Bottom