*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I can't imagine any of the controllers being great for traditional fighting games on the Switch.

The D-Pad on the Pro controller was useless for charge characters on USFII.

Soldato
There's a demo/online beta for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, but only available on US/JP eShop I believe (I spotted it while browsing the jp store).

I played a little this morning, never played an 'anime fighter' before but it's quite fun!.
Also I think this was the first time I've properly used the d-pad on the pro-pad as the primary input, feels much better than I expected and had no missed inputs or anything.

Thanks, downloading now.

Caporegime
Flicked through the Japanese Nindie showcase they had recently and spotted a few games which peaked some interest. One being Guns, Gore & Cannoli. Looks like a modern day spin on Metal Slug!

Associate
I can't imagine any of the controllers being great for traditional fighting games on the Switch.

The D-Pad on the Pro controller was useless for charge characters on USFII.

After playing more with the Pro, on a couple of occasions I did get a neutral jump instead of a jump forward/back, other than that it's been fine. Fortunately there doesn't appear to be charge attacks in Blazblue CTB which helps.

I've changed to using the Pokken pad now which is definitely better, it's d-pad feels great; about on par with the DS4 pad for me.

If I was more serious about playing 2D fighters on Switch I might pick up a Magic-NS adapter and use my stick.

Soldato
Has anyone seen a "hard storage case" for the joycons - something slim they will click into and stop the buttons being pressed/stick being moved? I have one of the official Switch cases, and I can fit the switch with attached joycons, and two additional joycons resting on top, but the battery always seems to go flat on one or both of the extra ones, I assume because the buttons are getting pressed inside the case if it leans against anything.

Soldato
Just grabbed one of these, picked up:

Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Mario & Rabbids Battle
Zelda
Rayman
Donkey Kong
Bayonetta 2

Anything else fun worth picking up?

Pro controller if your playing on docked mode, I recommend Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania as well if you want

Soldato

So, without discussing piracy in a way that breaks forum rules, it would be interesting to know if people think this is good or bad.
I think game sales will take a small hit, but console sales might increase by roughly the same amount.

Bit early in a consoles life for such an easy hack though :(

Back
Top Bottom