*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Cant say I am particularly bothered to be honest,if I was going to get COD I would likely get it on PC over the switch anyway. Its not exactly a game you can play casually and expect to do well so might as well get it on the PC where it will look better and be cheaper.

Man of Honour
Cant say I am particularly bothered to be honest,if I was going to get COD I would likely get it on PC over the switch anyway. Its not exactly a game you can play casually and expect to do well so might as well get it on the PC where it will look better and be cheaper.

Cod hasn't been relevant for years so it's not something I feel is missing at all from the switch library.

Associate
I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 & 2 (PC), and Black Ops 2 (WiiU) but currently have little to no interest playing more cod on any system.

Fortnite coming to Switch seems inevitible. Motion controls would be a must for me though as I already play it on PC. If they could get it to run 60fps docked it would be great but I think that would be difficult to achieve on Switch.

Man of Honour
Associate
I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 & 2 (PC), and Black Ops 2 (WiiU) but currently have little to no interest playing more cod on any system.

Fortnite coming to Switch seems inevitible. Motion controls would be a must for me though as I already play it on PC. If they could get it to run 60fps docked it would be great but I think that would be difficult to achieve on Switch.
Can't wait to get an Xbox one to replay black ops 2

Man of Honour
it's one way to get past the hardware's limitations

Yes, but the killer feature of the Switch is being able to play your games anywhere. If even a handful of the games can only realistically be played on a very low latency (sub 33ms) wired connection then that's going to be a huge juxtaposition to what the console is designed and advertised for.

Nintendo had conflicting messages with what the Wii U was and look how well that turned out.

Soldato
Yes, but the killer feature of the Switch is being able to play your games anywhere. If even a handful of the games can only realistically be played on a very low latency (sub 33ms) wired connection then that's going to be a huge juxtaposition to what the console is designed and advertised for.

Nintendo had conflicting messages with what the Wii U was and look how well that turned out.

yh but better than no game tho

It’s a 3rd party game isn’t it? (SEGA?)

Really?

it's Capcom

Soldato
So the point is the same, it’s a 3rd party game and has nothing to do with Nintendo’s strategy on the switch so it’s a complete non issue.

It’s not like many people are going to buy it anyway. £20 to stream an old game that could be turned off at any time, sounds like a great propersition to me...

Man of Honour
So the point is the same, it’s a 3rd party game and has nothing to do with Nintendo’s strategy on the switch so it’s a complete non issue.

It’s not like many people are going to buy it anyway. £20 to stream an old game that could be turned off at any time, sounds like a great propersition to me...

It doesn't matter who makes it. You think Joe Public cares or even notices who makes the games? All they will see is that more and more games on the Switch can't be played on the go or on a very low latency internet connection

I don't know why you think the developer makes a difference. Nintendo is the gatekeeper and are in full control of what gets published on their systems.

In Japan this will probably work well, but not many countries have their compact size and extremely low latency internet connections everywhere.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I really hope Nintendo ups their game with the Switch and sorts out some of its biggest issues. It feels like they didn't expect the console to do well and are scrambling to keep up. Online only coming out 18 months after launch, a lot of the "big" games are remakes from a past generation or ports from other systems and the online store is turning into a complete **** hole of shovelware. Without the support of indies the console would be very barren.

Looking at the top metacritic scores we have

Zelda: BOTW - Wii U game ultimately
Mario Odyssey - Switch game from start I assume
Celeste - indie game
Mario Kart 8 - Wii U port
Bayonetta 2 - Wii U port
Steamworld Heist - Indie game from 3 years ago
Shovel Knight - Indie game from 4 years ago
Bayonetta - Game from 2009 first ported to Wii U and now Switch
Steamworld Dig 2 - Indie game
Cave Story - Indie game
Stardew Valley - Indie game from a few years ago

I could go on but if you look at the list of top games for the switch and pick out the ones that are big studio productions and purely switch or new games you have

Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Dragon Quest Builders
Disgaea 5

Thats not a great output for 16 months of a console lifecycle. Are people happy with this? I'm not expecting nor do I want things like CoD etc to come to the Switch but the lack of a great games from large studios and Nintendo themselves is not great. Things like Zelda and Mario Odyssey prove that you can make amazing large games on the Switch so why are there so few?

Back
Top Bottom