*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Still shocks me that people are bothered by the Wii-U ports. The Wii-U despite having a great library was a commercial flop. Porting these games allows minimal work for a bucket more revenue. It also gives exposure for some really great games which never truely got the limelight before. Which arguably, they should have.

If Nintendo kept dumping everything they had for the Switch and ignored this healthy usable library from the Wii-U you would get people asking what about the ports, and also potentially running out of steam later. By doing the ports, it allows them to stretch it out which ultimately extends the console life.

If you look at it "well its 'just' ports" which if you owned a Wii-u with them all, I get can be annoying...then yeah you'll be disappointing. Like many myself, I never owned a Wii-U, so this gives me plenty of gaming opportunity. So its a win for me, and many others.

Soldato
Win for me, too. I want all of the Wii U first party stuff to come out on the Switch. And I don't see indie games as a negative I have had some fantastic experiences this past year with games I would never have considered before - they just fit so well in the handheld format. Sure there's some crap on there but show me a store that doesn't have that - you just need to keep your eyes and ears open to know what's worth giving a go.

The RE7 announcement is interesting but it sounds more like an experiment to me. I played the PS Now streaming trial and even with a decent connection it still had obvious latency issues and I couldn't get on with it. We'll see how it pans out. Without the ability to play it on the go I personally am not really interested in it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Still shocks me that people are bothered by the Wii-U ports. The Wii-U despite having a great library was a commercial flop. Porting these games allows minimal work for a bucket more revenue. It also gives exposure for some really great games which never truely got the limelight before. Which arguably, they should have.

I have 0 issues with them porting the best games over to the Switch. I do have a problem with the massive lack on new games being released on the system beyond indies. I'm really glad I have been able to play Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta and Donkey Kong:TF on the Switch but when your best games for a new console are ports something is going wrong.

If you look at it "well its 'just' ports" which if you owned a Wii-u with them all, I get can be annoying...then yeah you'll be disappointing. Like many myself, I never owned a Wii-U, so this gives me plenty of gaming opportunity. So its a win for me, and many others.

I never owned a Wii U either but I still want to see more games coming out that are for the Switch. There is no reason we can't have ports of the best games alongside new ones. I'm sure we will find out more at E3 about the next year or so for Nintendo but a system shouldn't rely on indies and past games to survive.

Win for me, too. I want all of the Wii U first party stuff to come out on the Switch. And I don't see indie games as a negative I have had some fantastic experiences this past year with games I would never have considered before - they just fit so well in the handheld format. Sure there's some crap on there but show me a store that doesn't have that - you just need to keep your eyes and ears open to know what's worth giving a go.

Same here but Nintendo is such a conflicting company. On the one hand they have made a brilliant console and on the other hand I can't help but feel they don't really give a **** about their customer and treat them pretty poorly.

Soldato
I don’t get it, you don’t own a wii u (not many do) so all of the ports are new games to you regardless of when they came out. I would get it if the ports were poor but they are not they are all solid titles.

Either way E3 is just round the corner.

Caporegime
Well we know we're getting Smash, Pokemon is HEAVILY rumoured for this year. Can't see Prime happening as well, but hopefully we'll get more info, maybe a proper trailer. I am also hoping for Pikmin and/or Animal Crossing.

fez

fez

Caporegime
They confirmed it didn't they? For 2018?

I can't see them not launching it witht he online service tbh.

I think its confirmed and they are holding a tournament at E3 so I reckon the game is pretty much there already. It would make a lot of sense and get a lot of people on board if they released the two at the same time.

Man of Honour
Still shocks me that people are bothered by the Wii-U ports.

What bothers me is that Donkey Kong is more expensive than the original game was at launch with nearly zero effort put into the port!

Captain Toad and Mario Kart at least had additional levels and modes added but this is a very lazy port.

In terms of releases this year, I expect a lot to be revealed at E3. Nintendo have a habit of revealing games close to their launch window.

Soldato
What bothers me is that Donkey Kong is more expensive than the original game was at launch with nearly zero effort put into the port!

Captain Toad and Mario Kart at least had additional levels and modes added but this is a very lazy port.

In terms of releases this year, I expect a lot to be revealed at E3. Nintendo have a habit of revealing games close to their launch window.

I thought donkey kong had a new mode, "funky mode"???

Caporegime

Had no idea it was more expensive than the original. That is annoying! At least MK8D included all DLC etc.

I am expecting big things for E3 as well. Seems like they've been holding off. Last years was a knock out of the park for me. :)

Man of Honour
I thought donkey kong had a new mode, "funky mode"???

It's just a new character with a super jump and invulnerability that enables effectively a children's difficulty, nothing like battle mode on Mario Kart.

I paid £40 on Amazon for Tropical Freeze on release. Was the Wii U version cheaper than that or are we talking digital?

I paid £33 from Amazon on release on the Wii U, but even comparing the RRP of both then the Switch version costs more

Man of Honour
oh ok yh lazy port

I'm not sure why you're reacting in such a weird way, but compared to the Mario Kart (DLC included, along with a new mode and associated maps) and Captain Toad ports (new levels) what would you describe DKC as?

The new character is just a way to add a kids difficulty to the game by changing a few numbers for super jump and invincibility, and tweaking some reused animations and textures.

It's a great game, but it's undisputably a lazy and overpriced port.

Soldato
I'm not sure why you're reacting in such a weird way, but compared to the Mario Kart (DLC included, along with a new mode and associated maps) and Captain Toad ports (new levels) what would you describe DKC as?

The new character is just a way to add a kids difficulty to the game by changing a few numbers for super jump and invincibility, and tweaking some reused animations and textures.

It's a great game, but it's undisputably a lazy and overpriced port.

sorry was agreeing with you didn't mean to cause any offence

Back
Top Bottom